Knol to WordPress. com migration complete

arturbarrera

Dec 2, 2011, 5:58:40 AM12/2/11
to KNOL Users
Howdy arturbarrera!

Your Knol to WordPress.com migration is all done!

What now?
* Check out your new site: http://arturbarrera.wordpress.com/
* Customize your Annotum theme settings:
http://arturbarrera.wordpress.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=carrington-settings
* Read more about the Annotum platform: http://annotum.org

Enjoy your new site, running on Annotum and WordPress.com!

My Knols El único knol que desactive este para que lo lean. Sobre
Migración de knol, vena como queda. U.S. republic or a democracy?

Go to http://knol.google.com/k/artur-landerzon-barrera-garcia/sobre-migraci%C3%B3n-de-knol/ahpk7a5l7a4r/201#view

or http://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/bulletin-board-2011-for-authors-and/4hmquk6fx4gu/603#view

elle

Dec 2, 2011, 9:41:34 AM12/2/11
to KNOL Users
Arturbarra, thank you. It is good that you have completed your
migration. What do you think of the new site?

On Dec 2, 10:58 am, arturbarrera <arturbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy arturbarrera!
>
> Your Knol to WordPress.com migration is all done!
>
> What now?
>  * Check out your new site:http://arturbarrera.wordpress.com/

>  * Customize your Annotum theme settings:http://arturbarrera.wordpress.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=carrington...

>  * Read more about the Annotum platform:http://annotum.org
>
> Enjoy your new site, running on Annotum and  WordPress.com!
>
>  My Knols El único knol que desactive este para que lo lean. Sobre
> Migración de knol, vena como queda.  U.S. republic or a democracy?
>

> Go tohttp://knol.google.com/k/artur-landerzon-barrera-garcia/sobre-migraci...
>
> orhttp://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/bulletin-board-2011-for-authors...

Narayana Rao

Dec 3, 2011, 7:47:50 AM12/3/11
to KNOL Users
Congratulations Artur.

Now Knol authors can feel confident that their content will be safe on
at some place.
Today I am working on my managment knols. http://nraomtr.blogspot.com/
While bulk of my knols have to go to wordpress some selected knols are
being migrated to blogger blogs where I have my earlier content. Any
all of them are written by me earlier so really no benefit of going to
a collaborative forum. On collaborative platform, if some genuine
collaborative writing is done it will be useful. That is what the new
facility gives. You can have some articles on collaborative platform
and some on other wordpress themes.

Nrao

Artur Landerzon Barrera Garcia

Dec 3, 2011, 9:19:21 AM12/3/11
to knol-...@googlegroups.com
http://annotum.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/5768-what-is-annotum-

--
You can invite others to join the KNOL-Users group.  Simply click on the "Invite Members" link in the right border of the group's homepage at http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users

Please utilize responsibly.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users?hl=en

elle

Dec 8, 2011, 6:48:11 AM12/8/11
to KNOL Users
Thank You Artur Garcia.
"It is important to remember that Annotum itself is nothing more than
a set of software tools (in the form of a WordPress theme and included
plugins) that allows you to author, review and publish scholarly
articles and journals.

Annotum is not a single site, nor is it a repository of content in the
way that Knol was. Instead, Annotum is a tool that can be used on
WordPress.com or on your own WordPress site to perform many of the
functions that were available on Knol (along with some new
functions)."

Yes Annotum is able to store articles, but I have found many
restrictions in their word processor. It is not a flexible as that on
Knol. Perhaps I am not familiar with all the work arounds yet. I am
still groping around trying to find an appropriate solution for my
articles.

On Dec 3, 2:19 pm, Artur Landerzon Barrera Garcia

Narayana Rao

Dec 15, 2011, 3:42:07 AM12/15/11
to KNOL Users
More knol authors are migrating. I am still trying to set up by blog
www.nraomtr.blogspot.com

Nrao

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

elle

Dec 16, 2011, 5:17:46 AM12/16/11
to KNOL Users
I have been informed that my "migration" as failed because of some
error. I have received this message a dozen times. In other words,
Amnotum has not been able to create a file from my Knols. It shows
that there is still a shortfall in their programme.

So I have tried to transfer my Knols, one at a time to Annotum, but I
have encountered many problems. I will attempt to discuss them here,
since it does not actually relate to Google Knols but more to
Wordpress-Annotum:
https://groups.google.com/group/google-knol-migration/topics?hl=en