GOOGLE KNOL TO BE DISCONTINUED - HELP

elle

Nov 23, 2011, 7:07:14 AM11/23/11
to KNOL Users
I received a message today that Google Knol is to be discontinued by
May 1st, 2012.

THIS IS TRAGIC NEW TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORT IT.

How the Hell are we going to save all the knols we have so
painstakingly worked so hard to produce?

It is essential we discuss was we can save our work in the best way
possible.

THIS NEEDS URGENT DISCUSSIONS HERE.

elle

Nov 23, 2011, 7:17:03 AM11/23/11
to KNOL Users
The link will help those who want to transfer their Knols:

https://knol-redirects.appspot.com/faq.html

Artur Landerzon Barrera Garcia

Nov 23, 2011, 7:35:58 AM11/23/11
to knol-...@googlegroups.com
ok http://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/bulletin-board-2011-for-authors-and/4hmquk6fx4gu/603#

--
You can invite others to join the KNOL-Users group.  Simply click on the "Invite Members" link in the right border of the group's homepage at http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users

Please utilize responsibly.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users?hl=en

Narayana Rao

Nov 23, 2011, 10:25:04 PM11/23/11
to KNOL Users
I think Google provided us the route for saving our content by
transferring it to WordPress.
We can transfer some content to other platforms we like.
I created http://www.nraomtr.blogspot.com/ and I plan to move all
my management knols here. I think I can do it. I shall move some more
of my knols into my existing blogs. Rest I shall move to Wordpress.
From there we can move to where we want over a period of time.

Knol should have moved it to Blogger. But Knol authors are complaining
so much about Google. Rarely an author talked good of Google on Knol.
So they must have thought let them go elsewhere and see how they are
taken care of. I still keep writing that Google should provide
migration to Blogger and convert Knol into Wikiblogger. But I doubt
anybody will listen at this stage.

Big thanks to all members of the group. We had good exchanges during
the last year. Hope we will have some more.

Nrao

On Nov 23, 5:35 pm, Artur Landerzon Barrera Garcia
<arturbarr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> okhttp://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/bulletin-board-2011-for-authors...

> >http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

elle

Nov 24, 2011, 4:28:08 AM11/24/11
to KNOL Users
I have tried to transfer my knols to Wordpress, but it is stusk at,
"Export File Requested." And nothing happens. How do I unlock this?

Surely we can continue discussing "Wordpress" blogging here until the
problems are sorted out.

On Nov 24, 3:25 am, Narayana Rao <kvssnra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Google provided us the route for saving our content by
> transferring it to WordPress.
> We can transfer some content to other platforms we like.

> I created  http://www.nraomtr.blogspot.com/and  I plan to move all

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/knol-users?hl=en-Hide quoted text -

elle

Nov 24, 2011, 9:46:08 AM11/24/11
to KNOL Users
The problem of migration has been encountered by other people as well,
I am providing the link so you can keep updated.

Current issue with Knol Migration

The Knol authors those who have large number of knol.. the automatic
workflow is not working.. We have raised the issue with WordPress.. we
will keep this up to date as soon as we get the solution

http://expressin.net/voluntary-help-to-google-knol-users-to-wordpress-migration-272/

elle

Nov 25, 2011, 6:44:26 AM11/25/11
to KNOL Users
I now have the following on my screen. I suppose I will have to be
patient and wait for my email. It has been 4 days since I began the
process of migration.

"The steps in the list below will turn green as they complete
successfully. Feel free to close this page, as the import process
might take some time to complete, depending on how many knols you had.
You can come back to it later, and we'll also send you an email when
it completes or if there are additional steps to be taken.

Google authorization granted
Export file requested "

On Nov 24, 2:46 pm, elle <mbp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem of migration has been encountered by other people as well,
> I am providing the link so you can keep updated.
>
> Current issue with Knol Migration
>
> The Knol authors those who have large number of knol.. the automatic
> workflow is not working.. We have raised the issue with WordPress.. we
> will keep this up to date as soon as we get the solution
>

> http://expressin.net/voluntary-help-to-google-knol-users-to-wordpress...

elle

Nov 28, 2011, 5:08:32 AM11/28/11
to KNOL Users
AS some of us want to know more about Webpress Annotum, I have started
another group with the intention to discuss some of the problems of
migration to Annotum for those who wish to participate there:

https://groups.google.com/group/google-knol-migration/topics?hl=en