Knockout.js compatibility with Fluent UI

Irfan Mukhtar

Dec 28, 2021, 5:29:33 AM12/28/21
to KnockoutJS
Hi,
Hope you all are well, I have  a query and would like if you respond to this, Can we use Fluent UI with Knockout.js? without using typescript?

Julio Di Egidio

Dec 30, 2021, 5:54:48 AM12/30/21
to KnockoutJS
It's not knockout that requires typescript.  That said, just read the docs: Fluent UI supports any integrations, just you'll need to know your JS since the only integrations that are ready-made atre those with React and similar upside down aberrations.  So, rather good luck with that pile of utter nonsense: to put it nicely...

Julio

Derek

Dec 30, 2021, 6:11:43 AM12/30/21
to knock...@googlegroups.com
LOL. Knockout is really good

Julio Di Egidio

Dec 30, 2021, 6:17:45 AM12/30/21
to KnockoutJS
It's a shame it's almost abandoned, it's been the only correct architectural approach in town for a couple of decades or so, and I still use it, v3, including in Node.js.  The rest is just the worst kind of the usual globalised bullshit and poison for the masses.

You've been warned...

Julio

Paul Schnittka

Jan 17, 2022, 3:42:10 AM1/17/22
to KnockoutJS
I have read some posts and Julio Di Egidio, you're pretty toxic.

Somewhere laughing a Pascal developer about you. Knockout was great... ten years ago. But now there are better frameworks. But there will always be people stuck in the past, even in IT. The few companies that have opted for knockout are now considering how to get away from it. I work for one of them!
Before you hate the new frameworks you should ask yourself why hardly anyone knows Knockout? ... Possibly because it is a nightmare for growing applications. With their toxicity they do not contribute to the popularity. Just stay friendly even if it's the wrong framework.

with regards

knockout fan... not!

Ganesh Nalajala

Jan 26, 2022, 10:50:10 PM1/26/22
to KnockoutJS
anyone know how to use knockout js with mvc5

Julio Di Egidio

Jan 27, 2022, 7:42:05 AM1/27/22
to KnockoutJS
On Thursday, 27 January 2022 at 04:50:10 UTC+1 Ganesh Nalajala wrote:
anyone know how to use knockout js with mvc5

There is nothing specific to know: where you can use JS, you can use KO.

Julio