Looking for KnockoutJS developer.

Jevgenij Dmitrijev

Nov 17, 2020, 3:23:21 AM11/17/20
to KnockoutJS
Hello,

this is the job description:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2280174843/

Preferable location: Lithuania.

You would help us to maintain our old code, while we move to ReactJS and eventually drag you to become ReactJS developer.

Please apply via link, or contact me.

Thank you!

Julio Di Egidio

Nov 23, 2020, 6:18:28 AM11/23/20
to KnockoutJS
Drag me??  For your info, MCV with Knockout or similar is the right architecture and light years better than any upside-down React-like aberration, aka the layering fuckup.

Which is a piece of free consulting advice.  Another one is for your managers: look up Dunning-Kruger...

Julio

Julio Di Egidio

Nov 23, 2020, 6:24:22 AM11/23/20
to KnockoutJS
> ... For your info, MCV with Knockout or similar is ...

MVC...

Julio

Gunnar Liljas

Nov 24, 2020, 2:43:16 AM11/24/20
to knock...@googlegroups.com
Knockout is usually MVVM, though. Not MVC.

/G

Julio Di Egidio

Nov 24, 2020, 4:40:47 AM11/24/20
to KnockoutJS
You can do whatever you like with KO, including just using the observables, and not even necessarily in the UI: that's not the point, the point was about design/architectural patterns.

Moreover, the fact that in the docs they say KO=MVVM is a *mistake* and, partly, a marketing stunt, since MVVM was the hit parade of cool few years ago, thanks to the big vendors.  But, as far as patterns go, it is *MVC* that is the most general and most fundamental pattern (for "interactivity"), encompassing MVVM, MVP, and all the others, which are rather simplifications/specializations of MVC...

Julio