Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to process binding

Jamie Munro

Feb 26, 2019, 8:17:01 PM2/26/19
to Knockout MVC
For anyone who receives this error (which has been often for me in the past), I wrote an article on knockout uncaught reference error that gives the following pointers:
  1. If you are inside a foreach or with data-binding, you may need to use $parent or $root to reference a higher level item
  2. You have a typo in your data-bind. E.g. foreach books instead of foreach: books
Hopefully anyone who has been banging their head with this data binding issue will be saved.