MId Month News @ Knitty City

Knitty City

Sep 19, 2011, 3:26:17 PM9/19/11
to KnittyCity Group 1
Here's a rundown on some of the important (and enjoyable, of course)
things happening at one of your favorite knitting spots & stores:
Knitty City.

Sept. 21 - Kids Club at Knitty City; Grades 2-5: 3:30-4:30; Grades 5+:
4:30-6P. Fee $25.00/class

Sept. 24 - Knitting a Triangular Shawl with Lisa Daehlin; 2-5PM:
This designer, teacher and knitter extraordinaire will be teaching
this simple yet classic shawl. Knowledgeable and multi-gifted in
all forms of crochet and knit work, she is a part time faculty member
at Cooper Union's School of Continuing Education. For examples of her
patterns and work, go to: www.ravelry.com/designers/lisa-daehlin.
Fee: $60.00;

Sept. 24 - Max Makes a Hat: Knitting in the Round-Sat, 12-3P: The
cooler days are setting in so this is the best time to take a class
with one of the coolest teachers on staff at Knitty City. Join this
class and learn all about how to knit in the the round with Maxine
Levinson. In addition to teaching at Knitty City, Max also works
and instructs at Mt. Sinai Medical Center. Long an advocate of the
therapeutic benefits of craft and creativity, she's been instrumental
in helping many find peace of mind through creative work. Fee:
$40.00

Sept.30-Oct. 2 - NYC Yarn Crawl. Knitty City is one of 14 stores
represented in the Third Annual NYC Yarn Crawl. Check out details at
www.nycyarncrawl.com today!.

October 6 - Our Young Designer Series presents Laura Zucaite - a
brilliant and much heralded young designer. This talented you woman
will be discussing her odyssey as a designer and sharing some of her
success with you. Time: 6-8 P; This is a Free Event. Check this
out: www.laurazucaite.com

October 11 - Getting Lacey with Shirley - Once again, Shirley Paden,
will be at Knitty City. If you haven’t met Shirley before, you OWE
YOURSELF this experience. She’s one of the very best in the biz and
this time she’s teaching a lace class. Time: 10-5 PM; Fee is
$100.00

October 13 - Next Meeting of the Book Club: "Unbroken" by Laura
Hilldebrand Time: 6-8 PM: Free Event

October l6 - Join Team Knitty City as we Walk for the Cure. We’ll
be supporting the fight against Breast Cancer by joining “The Walk” on
Sunday, October l6, in Central Park, from 9-11 AM (72St. Bandshell).
Aptly sub-titled, “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer”, this effort
is being supported by a host of companies, both large and small.
Knitty City will be creating Team Knitty City and we’d be honored if
you’d join us as we walk together to raise money for research. The
rules are simple: Stop by the store and sign up on our Team List. Then
ask friends and/or family to support you by contributing any amount to
your team’s effort. You can also walk as an individual or just donate
on your own, of course! Call or stop by the store to receive
information.
For additional details about this event, please visit:
http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/site/PageServer?pagename=MSABC_FY12_AboutMakingStrides

October l8 - Come Crochet with Syliva -Yae, a lace expert and superb
teacher. Call store for details.
212.687.5896; ask for Pearl or Zach