March Newsletter

Knitty City

Mar 13, 2012, 4:11:53 PM3/13/12
to knitt...@googlegroups.com
The light is back!  Daylight Savings Time arrived yesterday and that means spring is just around the corner.

So, we were delighted to get word from Anna Hrachovec announcing her new contest for Tiny Baby Bunnies, complete with a free baby bunny pattern.  Knit up as many as you like and show her what your bunnies are doing by uploading your photos to Mochimoch Friends Flickr Group with the tag: bunnycontest12.  Three lucky winners will each receive a basket full of Koigu yarn.

Inspired by Anna, the bunny wrangler, Knitty City will be holding our own bunny contest.  Knit, crochet, or felt your own bunny(s) or bunny diorama to be displayed in the Knitty City window for all of April.  We will award our 3 favorite projects with gift cards to Knitty City ($50 for first prize, $25 for second prize, and $15 for third prize).  All participants will receive a little something extra just for entering their submissions.

GREAT NEW WORKSHOPS & EVENTS FOR MARCH

(Please check www.knittycity.com for info on cost and materials - Call store to sign up)

Crochet Granny Squares with Amanda Gale - Thurs, Mar 15; 6-7 PM

Tea Time with Dana Freed - Tues, Mar 20; 4-6 PM

Reading Crochet Charts with Amanda Gale - Thurs, Mar 22; 6-7 PM

Crocheting for Lefties with Jane MartinMon, Mar 26; 1-2 PM

Mitered Square Techniques with DianeWed, Mar 28; 4-5 PM

Sock Techniques with Susie DippelFri, Mar 30; 5-6 PM

Slip Stitch with Maxine LevinsonSat, Mar 31; 12-2 PM

UPCOMING APRIL EVENTS

Nancy Eiseman @ Knitty City on Ravelry Night Thurs, Apr 5; 6-8 PM

Nancy is a textile and knitwear designer whose works was recently on the cover of Interweave Magazine.  Please be sure to join us that evening, meet Nancy, hear about how she got started, meet your fellow Ravelers and have a little tea on us!

NEW YARNS IN STORE FOR SPRING KNITTING

Alchemy:  Silken Straw - Incredible Silk Yarn in spring colors

Classic Elite:  Sprout Chunky - light, bright Cotton in new seasonal colors

PLUS. . .

Don’t forget to check out our new East of India line of ribbon, buttons and labels.

And of course, all Rowan Yarns are 10% off for Knitty City's March Yarn of the Month

--

Knitty City
208 West 79th St.

We'll Keep You in Stitches