Upcoming June Classes and Events

Knitty City

Jun 2, 2011, 2:44:59 PM6/2/11
to knitt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Knitters!

I just wanted to remind all of you about a few classes we have coming up this month.  The first is Lisa Daehlin's Hairpin Lace and Broomstick Lace Crochet class this coming Saturday, June 4, from 2pm-5pm.  Hairpin lace and broomstick lace crochet are examples of using tools made for common everyday tasks and reinterpreting their use to create lovely fabric.  Lisa will be teaching 2 more lace related classes this month -Knitting a Lace Triangle Shawl on Saturday, June 18th and Tunisian Lace Crocheton Saturday, June 25th.  For more information about Lisa, please visit her blog here: http://lisadaehlin.wordpress.com/

Shirley Paden will also be returning to Knitty City on Tuesday, June 28th, from 5-9pmto teach her finishing class.  If you haven't taken this class yet, it's not one to be missed!  All supplies for this class are provided by Shirley, including a 30 page worksheet so you don't forget what you've learned.  Please note, this is a techniques class - please don't bring in projects that you want Shirley to finish for you.

Betty Balcomb, former employee and sock extraordinaire of Knitty City will also bemaking a return to the shop all the way from California on Wednesday, June 22nd, 6-8pm to say hi to all her friends here and talk about her recent work as the Associate Producer of Barbara Walker's upcoming DVD.

Worldwide Knit in Public Day is fast approaching on Saturday, June 11th.  To celebrate, we are working with The Big Circle to get 75 people knitting together at Bryant Park.

We will also be running Beginner Knitting lessons in Bryant Park, every Tuesday from June 21st until August 23rd from 1:30-3:00pm.  Come by for a quick free knitting lesson.

If you'd like to sign up for any of the Lisa Daehlin or Shirley Paden classes, please email pe...@knittycity.com or call us at 212-787-5896 with your name, phone number, and class(es) you want to sign up for.  You don't need to register to see Betty, just come in and she'll be happy to see you.

Happy Knitting!
-Pearl