February Newsletter

Knitty City

Feb 9, 2012, 2:53:32 PM2/9/12
to knitt...@googlegroups.com

Well, the most romantic day of the year is almost upon us, and we have a little built in treat for you - a gift from Mary Jane Mucklestone, author of 200 Fair Isle Motifs.  Stop by the store and ask for a copy of her free pattern for the sweetest little half gloves you can imagine.  Be your own Valentine and make a pair of these for yourself - or better yet, make two pairs and give the other to someone you hold in your heart!

**New Yarn!** Pearl was introduced to the Fyberspates  “Scrumptious Collection” when she was at TNNA (the yarn  industry’s wholesale show) this past January and  promptly  ordered  it in a  rich range of solid colors   Knitty City is now carrying a variety of weights: lace, DK and Chunky.  This silk/wool blend has a sheen (thank the silk) that is luxurious to the eye and hand. Also in store is their collection of patterns, all in one well edited volume.  Ask to see it and get inspired twice, once by the yarn and, again, by the patterns.

**Special Workshops** Check out our new upcoming classes for February being taught by our wonderful staff on our online calendar:
Knit a Bead Crochet Chain Stitch Necklace with Dana Freed on Friday, February 17th, 4-6pm ($60; $40 kit included in price)
Repair Techniques with Diane Scheinman on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2-3pm ($30 + cost of materials)
Knitted Poppy Flowers with Nancy Ricci on Thursday, February 23rd, 2-4pm ($30 + cost of materials)
Make a Hat or Cowl: Knitting in the Round with Maxine Levinson on Saturday, February 25, 12-3pm ($40 + cost of materials)

We are also holding 2 classes with Alasdair Post-Quinn, author of Extreme Double Knitting!  Introduction to Double Knitting on Saturday, February 18th and New Adventures in Double Knitting on Sunday, February 19th both filled up a heart beat, but we do have wait lists going and will open up another class for each if we get enough interest.  Don't miss another chance to take these classes with this super talented knitter.

**Book Club** The Knitty City Book Club will be discussing Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird on Thursday, February 9th, 6-8pm.  Come in and share snacks with knitters and non-knitters alike.

**Don't Forget** Knitty City is now open 7 days a week!  Come in Tuesdays 11-6!
--
Knitty City
208 West 79th St.

We'll Keep You in Stitches