Julia engine in knitr in progress

Changcheng Li

Sep 25, 2017, 4:30:47 PM9/25/17
to knitr
Hi,

I'm currently making an R package JuliaCall which embeds julia in R. And I have some attempts in making a julia engine for knitr using JuliaCall.
This is what it currently looks like:

It's not perfect at now. For example, when I get a png plot in julia, I get its raw data and use things like `cat(rmarkdown::html_notebook_output_img(bytes = x, format = 'png'))` to output it in the rmarkdown document. It only works for html output imperfectly, right? I wonder what is the correct way in including plots not generated from R code in RMarkdown file generally. Should I use things like `knitr::hook_plot_md`?

Best,

Changcheng

Yihui Xie

Sep 26, 2017, 4:39:27 PM9/26/17
to Changcheng Li, knitr
This looks interesting! I can work with you to polish it up, but you will need to wait for two weeks before I'll have some free time. Thanks!

Regards,
Yihui
--
https://yihui.name