Is it possible to process programming language outputs with LaTeX

Robert Dodier

Dec 12, 2017, 8:33:18 PM12/12/17
to knitr
Hi, I don't know much about Knitr, so I apologize in advance if this question has an obvious answer.

Is it possible to process programming language outputs with LaTeX?

The reason I ask is that I am interested in using Knitr with Maxima, a computer algebra system. Maxima can output results as plain text, but also as LaTeX input. I am thinking that I could get a nice presentation from Maxima by telling it to output LaTeX and then processing the result in Knitr.

There are a lot of details which I haven't worked out. If it does seem to be possible to postprocess LaTeX output, then I will work on figuring out how to call Maxima from Knitr and other important details.

Thanks for any insights, I appreciate your help.

best,
Robert Dodier