Announcing the 2023 Steering Committee Election

Reto Lehmann

Oct 17, 2023, 6:52:33 AM10/17/23
to knati...@googlegroups.com, knativ...@googlegroups.com

Hello Knative community,

It’s time to kick off the Knative Steering Committee (SC) elections for 2023, and we are ready to accept nominations!

This election will shape the future of Knative as a community and project. The Knative Steering Committee (SC) is responsible for the general health of the Knative community.

There are 2 seats up for election and the seats will be held for a two year term.

Right now, there are two things we need each of you:

1) If you want to stand for election, we have detailed instructions in the voter guide for the nomination process.

2) If you want to vote in the election, please refer to the voter guide for instructions about confirming eligibility and the voter exception process.

The voter guide can be found here:

https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/elections/2023-SC

Here are a few important deadlines to keep in mind:

  • November 1: All candidate nominations due by 23:59 UTC (3:59pm Pacific)

  • November 3: Election Begins via Elekto UI

  • November 28: Voter exception requests due by 23:59 UTC (3:59pm Pacific)

  • November 30: Election Closes by 23:59 UTC (3:59pm Pacific)

  • December 6: Announcement of Results

We will be using Elekto once again for this election. Commissioned by the CNCF for the Kubernetes project and hosted at Red Hat's open source lab, Elekto has the advantage of not requiring any email for voting, just your Github login.

You can learn more about the SC election process here:

https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/elections/2023-SC

Cheers,

Reto Lehmann and Dawn Foster

SC Election Officers