Need help to increase minReplica value

Mohit Bansal

Feb 2, 2023, 12:22:08 AM2/2/23
to Knative Users
Does anyone know how to increase the minReplicas value in running the inferences service without any downtime?
Because in Knative serving we are using KPA for autoscaling and I didn’t find any command to modify this value without the down time of application.

Please provide some input on this

Thanks In advance

Evan Anderson

Feb 2, 2023, 2:03:23 AM2/2/23
to Mohit Bansal, knativ...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to increase or decrease the minReplicas annotation on a Knative Service without Service interruption. This may cause rollout of a new Revision (which allows you to roll back the change), but rollout of a new Revision if needed should be hitless.

Feb 2, 2023, 5:26:10 AM2/2/23
to Knative Users
can you tell us a command to change annotations? Is there any way to trigger to change the min-scale value?
and how to rollout new revision without stoping service

Pierangelo Di Pilato

Feb 2, 2023, 6:20:16 AM2/2/23
to Mohit Bansal, Knative Users
Hi,

You can add an annotation on the service

autoscaling.knative.dev/min-scale: <x>

https://knative.dev/docs/serving/autoscaling/scale-bounds/#lower-bound

--

Pierangelo Di Pilato
Senior Software Engineer

Roland Huß

Feb 10, 2023, 6:33:47 AM2/10/23
to Pierangelo Di Pilato, Mohit Bansal, Knative Users
You can also use the kn CLI for updating the min scale value:

kn service update --min-scale=1 myservice

This will create a new revision, but the update will be seamless.

... roland