Google Summer Of Code 2022

Ali Ok

Dec 16, 2021, 1:16:58 AM12/16/21
to Knative Developers, Knative Users, csan...@us.ibm.com
Google Summer of Code 2022 is approaching and I wanted to inform you that we would like to participate in the program as Knative community.

Our proposal to the Knative steering committee is here. (it is in Knative Google Drive)

Our initial contributor and mentor information page is here: https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/google-summer-of-code
There we have some text and some links. Information there would cover most of the aspects of the program relevant to potential mentors and contributors.

If you have an idea and want to mentor a contributor for that idea this summer, please add your ideas to the page above.

We are applying to the program for the first time. So, do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Carlos (in cc) and I are ready to help with this process.

Thanks,
Ali

Ali Ok

Dec 16, 2021, 1:50:02 AM12/16/21
to Knative Developers, Knative Users, csan...@us.ibm.com
Just wanted to highlight a little bit of things:

At this stage, we are gathering mentor and contributor interest.

Mentors: If you have an idea and would like to mentor somebody but are not sure about what to do, feel free to reach out to Carlos and me. We can help shaping the idea according to the GSoC's scope.

Contributors: If you would like to participate as a contributor, feel free to write to the community that you are interested in.