Trigger filtering based on cloud event headers

Andrey Stelmashenko

Feb 23, 2022, 10:58:20 AM2/23/22
to Knative Users
Hi Community,

There is a filters feature of Triggers. Here is an example:
```
apiVersion: eventing.knative.dev/v1 kind: Trigger metadata: name: my-service-trigger spec: broker: default filter: attributes: type: dev.knative.foo.bar myextension: my-extension-value subscriber: ref: apiVersion: serving.knative.dev/v1 kind: Service name: my-service
```
Cloud events 'type' header is actually 'ce-type', how should I specify attributes 'type' or 'ce-type?'

Ahmed Abdalla

Feb 23, 2022, 11:15:43 AM2/23/22
to Andrey Stelmashenko, Knative Users
Hi Andrey

The Cloud Events Attribute is called "type" and that's what you should use. https://github.com/cloudevents/spec/blob/v1.0.2/cloudevents/spec.md#type

Thanks

--
Ahmed Abdalla

Pierangelo Di Pilato

Feb 23, 2022, 11:36:04 AM2/23/22
to Andrey Stelmashenko, Knative Users
Hi Andrey,

it is any CloudEvent context attribute [1], in this case `type` (or
`myextension`).

[1]: https://github.com/cloudevents/spec/blob/v1.0.2/cloudevents/spec.md#attribute-naming-convention
> --

Pierangelo Di Pilato
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc
https://www.redhat.com/

Andrey Stelmashenko

Mar 15, 2022, 12:28:02 PM3/15/22
to Knative Users
thank you for answers, I messed up with http headers.