Dead Letter Sink and Sequences/Flows

Lee Bartelme

Dec 1, 2021, 10:54:24 AM12/1/21
to Knative Users
It seems odd that for sequences, a delivery must be specified for every step in the sequence. Examples of this are not in the docs, but after a lot of trial and error I did finally look at the step reference and see delivery is a property there.

Doesn't it make sense to possibly be able to set that once, maybe in the sequence spec or something? It feels cumbersome, if I want a Dead Letter Sink for all steps in my sequence, to have to define the same delivery in every single step.

Is there a way around this that I am not seeing?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

vil...@us.ibm.com

Dec 1, 2021, 1:34:43 PM12/1/21
to Knative Users
You should be able to set the delivery options under `channelTemplate`. For example:

apiVersion: flows.knative.dev/v1 kind: Sequence metadata: name: second-sequence spec: channelTemplate: apiVersion: messaging.knative.dev/v1 kind: InMemoryChannel
spec:
delivery: deadLetterSink: ref: apiVersion: serving.knative.dev/v1 kind: Service name: example-sink

Let us know if that works for you. This is at least the intent.

Lee Bartelme

Dec 1, 2021, 4:05:18 PM12/1/21
to Knative Users
This is what I get when I do that:

error validating data: ValidationError(Sequence.spec.channelTemplate.spec): invalid type for dev.knative.flows.v1.Sequence.spec.channelTemplate.spec: got "map", expected "string"; if you choose to ignore these errors, turn validation off with --validate=false

Lee Bartelme

Dec 1, 2021, 4:19:49 PM12/1/21
to Knative Users
Oddly the a parallel will accept the syntax you provided, but a sequence does not.

vil...@us.ibm.com

Dec 2, 2021, 10:40:38 AM12/2/21
to Knative Users
Seems like a bug. Do you mind opening an issue?