📢 Announcement: Nominations for Knative Steering Committee (SC) End User Seat are now open

Naina Singh

Dec 16, 2022, 4:47:56 PM12/16/22
to Knative Users, Knative Developers

Hello, Knative community,

We want to kick off the selection, and we are ready to accept nominations from organizations adopting Knative. All candidates' nominations are due by Jan 26, 2023. Please find below more information on the Steering Committee End User seat, and the nomination process with important dates.

The Knative Steering Committee (SC)

The Knative Steering Committee (SC) is responsible for the general health of the Knative community and our charter can be found here https://github.com/knative/community/blob/main/STEERING-COMMITTEE.md.

The Steering Committee is responsible for appointing a new person to the End User seat.

End User seat

The End User seat is added to the SC committee to bring the end-user voice into the mix, and to help evolve the community with an outside perspective. A person is eligible to serve in the end user seat if their organization is listed in the ADOPTERS file and the selected person will start their term in February 2023.

Nomination process and important dates

It is a Self-nomination seat. If you want to stand for election, the detailed instructions for the self-nomination process can be found here https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/elections/2022-SC-EU

Here are a few important dates to keep in mind:

January 26: All candidate nominations due by 0000 UTC

January 31: Announcement of selection

February 1: End User seat term starts.

We are looking forward to seeing your nominations!

Cheers,

Knative Steering Committee (SC)

Best,

Naina Singh | Product Manager | +1.919.450.6323 | She/Her

nai...@redhat.com  |  @madhatter_ns

Naina Singh

Jan 10, 2023, 4:02:03 PM1/10/23
to Knative Users, Knative Developers, stee...@knative.team
Happy New Year!

Sending a reminder for the upcoming End User Seat self nomination due date of JAn 26 2023. . Come help us steer the future of Knative Project!

Hello, Knative community,

We want to kick off the End User election, and we are ready to accept nominations from organizations adopting Knative. All candidates' nominations are due by Jan 26, 2023. Please find below more information on the Steering Committee End User seat, and the nomination process with important dates.

Naina Singh

Jan 26, 2023, 2:57:20 PM1/26/23
to Knative Users, Knative Developers, stee...@knative.team
Hello folks,
If you are using Knative and loving Knative.
Please help us evolve and promote the vision, values and mission of Knative.
You could be in any role and have any skills to come and contribute to OpenSource and serve on the Steering Committee.

Some of the things you would be doing with us are
  1. Define, evolve, and promote the vision, values, and mission of the project.
  2. Define and evolve project governance structures and policies,
  3. Steward, control access, delegate access, and establish processes regarding all Knative project
  4. Define and evolve the scope of the Knative community
Come join us and make your favourite project even more awesome!

Thank you,
-N