Knative Steering Committee Election Announcements

Mahamed Ali

Oct 21, 2022, 4:34:40 AM10/21/22
to knati...@googlegroups.com, elec...@knative.team

Hello, Knative community,

It’s time to kick off the Knative Steering Committee (SC) elections for 2022, and we are ready to accept nominations!

This election will shape the future of Knative as a community and project. The Knative Steering Committee (SC) is responsible for the general health of the Knative community. There are two (2) seats up for election

Right now, there are 2 things we need each of you to do:

1) If you want to stand for election, we have detailed instructions in the voter guide for the nomination process.

2) If you want to vote in the election, please refer to the voter guide for instructions about confirming eligibility and the voter exception process.

The voter guide can be found here: https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/elections/2022-SC

Here are a few important deadlines to keep in mind:

October 20: Announcement of Election, call for nominations, and exceptions

November 8: All candidate nominations are due by 23:59 UTC (3:59pm Pacific)

November 10: Election Begins via Elekto UI

November 28: Voter exception requests are due by 23:59 UTC (3:59pm Pacific)

November 30: Election Closes by 23:59 UTC (3:59pm Pacific)

December 6: Announcement of Results

For this election, we will be using Elekto again.  Commissioned by the CNCF for the Kubernetes project, Elekto has the advantage of not requiring any email for voting, just your Github login.

You can learn more about the SC election process here:

https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/elections/2022-SC

Cheers,

Dawn Foster, Mahamed Ali and Josh Berkus

SC Election Officers

Carlos Santana

Nov 3, 2022, 8:06:27 AM11/3/22
to Knative Developers
Reminder that the Knative Steering Committee is having elections this month, and we are looking for nominees; if you want to help set the direction of the project and the community, please self-nominate.

The deadline is Nov. 8th, 2022. Very easy nomination form here https://github.com/knative/community/tree/main/elections/2022-SC

Cheers
Steering Committee