Re: Chris' contributions to upstream Knative release cadence changes

Lance Ball

Sep 30, 2022, 2:04:56 PM9/30/22
to Vaclav Tunka, serverless-dev, Knative Developers
Sending to @serverless-dev or to @Knative Developers - or both?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:09 PM Vaclav Tunka <vtu...@redhat.com> wrote:

Hey Lance,

this is great, what about you sending this as a Steering rep and technical leader? Maybe also mention the other folks who have participated on this change but mention Chris as a driver?

Thanks,
Vaclav

On 27.09.2022 21:21, Lance Ball wrote:
Chris has been the primary driver of this initiative since early June. He created the original document[1] which outlined the problems with the current process. I'm not sure which came first, the upstream issue or Chris' document, but they seemed to land at about the same time. He subsequently authored the formal proposal and drove its approval by the relevant Knative leadership. Finally, just over two weeks ago, Chris opened the pull request to formalize the process change in knative/community. It took just three days to land, and that's only because approval was required at the TOC meeting three days later. The persistence and dedication that Chris had to drive this effort forward is the reason the final outcome went so smoothly. Kudos to his hard work!

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MVcIovQa4QkOvrM265TjoWnledhCxTOzA4rxYyA5y-4/edit?usp=sharing (viewership restricted to certain internal Knative groups)

--

Lance Ball

He/Him/His

Principal Software Engineer

Red Hat

--
Vaclav Tunka
Site Leader - Brno Leadership Council Member

--

Lance Ball

He/Him/His

Principal Software Engineer

Red Hat

Lance Ball

Sep 30, 2022, 3:40:53 PM9/30/22
to Vaclav Tunka
Well... this is embarrassing! I meant only to send this to Vaclav and then craft a nice email after feedback.

We all make mistakes sometimes. I guess it's my turn. :) It's Friday afternoon. That's my only excuse and I'm standing by it! :)

Again, congratulations and thank you to Chris for driving these changes in the upstream. Additional thanks to Evan, Krsna, Dave, Lionel and David who all contributed to this change. It was a big move and all of your hard work is appreciated! Have a great weekend everyone.

I've BCC'd both lists, so that we don't get cross-posted replies.

Lance