UI/UX Designer Collaboration with Knative

Calum Murray

Jul 28, 2023, 9:10:48 AM7/28/23
to Ali Ok, Leo Li, Naina Singh, Evan.K....@gmail.com, david...@gmail.com, Roland Huß, Pierangelo Di Pilato, Luke Kingland, pco...@ocadu.ca, robert...@sensetech.ca, tcr...@ocadu.ca, david....@ocadu.ca, ra...@ocadu.ca, marian...@ocadu.ca, zainab...@ocadu.ca, stephen...@ocadu.ca, knati...@googlegroups.com
TLDR: designers from OCAD university would like to contribute to making some form of UI/UX for Knative, can we set up a meeting to brainstorm?

Hello everyone!

For those of you who I haven't met yet, I am an intern at Red Hat working on Knative Eventing until August 2024. All of my prior experience to Red Hat has also been in open source, so I am interested in making it easier for others to contribute.

Over the past few weeks, I have been speaking with researchers from OCAD university, as well as @Ali Ok and @Leo Li about how we can make it easier for designers to participate in Open Source. From speaking to designers, Open Source can feel intimidating, and it isn't clear to them how they should participate/contribute. Some examples of the pain points they have identified so far in attempting to contribute to Open Source are documented here. We decided that a good first step towards figuring out how designers can more easily contribute to Open Source is for the researchers from OCAD to work with us at Knative to develop some form of UI/UX and document all the pain points along the way.

I'm hoping we can find a time for everyone to meet and brainstorm some potential project ideas, as well as help those from OCAD understand Knative better. To find a time that works for (hopefully) everyone, I have made a when2meet where those who are interested in attending can add their availability.

For those who want to share some ideas (I know @Naina Singh shared some possible ideas with me early on in this process), or who can't make it out to a meeting I have also made a google doc where we can share.
--

Calum Murray

Software Engineering Intern

Serverless | Toronto On

Naina Singh

Aug 1, 2023, 12:10:12 PM8/1/23
to Calum Murray, Luke Kingland, Mauricio Salatino, Ali Ok, Leo Li, Evan.K....@gmail.com, david...@gmail.com, Roland Huß, Pierangelo Di Pilato, Luke Kingland, pco...@ocadu.ca, robert...@sensetech.ca, tcr...@ocadu.ca, david....@ocadu.ca, ra...@ocadu.ca, marian...@ocadu.ca, zainab...@ocadu.ca, stephen...@ocadu.ca, knati...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sending this Calum!
I have put in my availability. I would also circulate it in our knative community channel.
Adding @Luke Kingland and @Mauricio Salatino (Function WG lead folks) in the email too.

Thank you,
-N

Naina Singh

Aug 1, 2023, 1:47:29 PM8/1/23
to Calum Murray, Luke Kingland, Mauricio Salatino, dpro...@gmail.com, David Protasowski, Ali Ok, Leo Li, Evan.K....@gmail.com, david...@gmail.com, Roland Huß, Pierangelo Di Pilato, Luke Kingland, pco...@ocadu.ca, robert...@sensetech.ca, tcr...@ocadu.ca, david....@ocadu.ca, ra...@ocadu.ca, marian...@ocadu.ca, zainab...@ocadu.ca, stephen...@ocadu.ca, knati...@googlegroups.com
Adding dave too.
Thank you,
-N

Calum Murray

Aug 1, 2023, 4:12:15 PM8/1/23
to Naina Singh, Luke Kingland, Mauricio Salatino, dpro...@gmail.com, David Protasowski, Ali Ok, Leo Li, Evan.K....@gmail.com, david...@gmail.com, Roland Huß, Pierangelo Di Pilato, Luke Kingland, pco...@ocadu.ca, robert...@sensetech.ca, tcr...@ocadu.ca, david....@ocadu.ca, ra...@ocadu.ca, marian...@ocadu.ca, zainab...@ocadu.ca, stephen...@ocadu.ca, knati...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for adding people I had missed Naina! Also thank you to everyone who has taken the time to fill out their availability!

I will be scheduling the meeting EOD next Monday in the time slot that works best. So, if you are interested in attending, it would be great if you could add your availability to the when2meet before 5PM ET Monday August 7th.

Thanks again

Calum Murray

Aug 7, 2023, 5:18:33 PM8/7/23
to Naina Singh, Luke Kingland, Mauricio Salatino, dpro...@gmail.com, David Protasowski, Ali Ok, Leo Li, evan.k....@gmail.com, david...@gmail.com, Roland Huß, Pierangelo Di Pilato, Luke Kingland, pco...@ocadu.ca, robert...@sensetech.ca, tcr...@ocadu.ca, david....@ocadu.ca, ra...@ocadu.ca, marian...@ocadu.ca, zainab...@ocadu.ca, stephen...@ocadu.ca, knati...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your availability! It looks like the time that works best will be 9am-10am ET on Wednesday August 16th. While not everyone can make it, there seems to be a good group who are available then. For those who are only available for part of that time, it would be great if you could drop in when you are available and help us with brainstorming!

I've included the meeting info here and I'll be sending out calendar invites to everyone soon.

Calum Murray is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://utoronto.zoom.us/j/84930247874

Meeting ID: 849 3024 7874
Passcode: 050262

---

One tap mobile
+16475580588,,84930247874#,,,,*050262# Canada
+17789072071,,84930247874#,,,,*050262# Canada

---

Dial by your location
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 613 209 3054 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada

Meeting ID: 849 3024 7874
Passcode: 050262

Find your local number: https://utoronto.zoom.us/u/kdORBsrtxy

---

Join by SIP
84930...@zoomcrc.com

---

Join by H.323
• 162.255.37.11 (US West)
• 162.255.36.11 (US East)
• 69.174.57.160 (Canada Toronto)
• 65.39.152.160 (Canada Vancouver)

Meeting ID: 849 3024 7874
Passcode: 050262

---

Join by Skype for Business
https://utoronto.zoom.us/skype/84930247874

Thanks again for taking the time to participate in this initiative!