What God is saying to us through the problems we have been facing in Knanaya COMMUNITY?

Vinod Kuriakose

Mar 11, 2014, 5:56:28 AM3/11/14
to knanayafamily

Dear Knananite,

It is time that we start asking the below mentioned 2 questions to ourselves:

1)Where we are heading as a COMMUNITY?

2)What God is saying to us through the problems we have been facing in the COMMUNITY?

If we don’t ask, we will be leaving a painful legacy of negligence, confusion, chaos, and exploitation; and, thus, doing a great injustice to the coming generation. In this time, evil has so proliferated in the community that its existence is at risk of destruction.

Life in our community being, at best, an utter weary and no aspect of community being at all relevant to majority of us who are peace loving, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, peace-seeking knananites only to overthrow the current set up, eliminate the money - power system, and institute complete commitment to secure for ourselves and future generations the church with the blessing of the God Almighty.

Our Church Must Live in Love and Unity with Each Other for ever. Hence I list down these activities to encourage informed debate. I urge our members to consider them carefully. At the same time I encourage all in the community to make these issues a matter of prayer and to continue in prayer for our church, bishops, priests and its elders.

Our leaders should forget the past and concentrate only on the below mentioned activities in the coming 3 years.

It must be stressed that nothing written here is 'set in stone', and this should be thought of as a living document subject to discussion and review.

1)     We should unanimously decide to stop initiating any commercial activity in the church for the next 3 years. Instead let us focus on souls.

2)    Let us ban collections and donations for material purposes in the church at all levels for the next 3 years.

3)     We should immediately plan and take steps to reduce the attrition of Knananites from the community. 50% by the 1 st year, 70 % by 2 nd year and 100% by the 3 rd year.

4)    We should workout a plan to ensure return of 5000 knananites who have left the community in the past due to various reasons. Separate targets should be allocated to each church, association member and parish vicar. Periodical meetings should be conducted to review the progress of this activity.

5)    A committee should be constituted to do a comprehensive study to analyze reason for members leaving the community. The committee should suggest ways to arrest desertion.

6)   The institution of marriage has been seriously undermined and deep damage has been done to family life in our community. A reconciliation committee should be formed to arrest divorces in the church. The committee should bring back couples living separately.

7)    There is an increase in crime committed by members of our community. We should initiate programmes for members to inculcate respect for people and their property in the society.

8)    We should appoint a core team to supervise and affirm the need for and value of a more comprehensive Sunday school education system which is based upon and respects core Christian values and that the teaching of the Bible provides the best moral instruction for children.

9)    We should have a team of counselors and doctors to affirm that the use of alcohol and drugs for recreational purposes is both dangerous and destructive. We should think about starting our own rehab centers.

10)We should have a committee to take care of economically weak fellow members of our community.

Let us all join us in these acts or repentance, in ratifying this covenant with God and His Church, and in embracing these fundamental and non-negotiable truths and mandates for BUILDING THE COMMUNITY, to the great end that God might be glorified and His will might be done.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod Kuriakose

Kavumkal (Ranny)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Stephan thomas <vtste...@hotmail.com> wrote:
All issues should be resolved by discussion-not by angry.pls take time.

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:37:35 +0530

Subject: [Knanaya Family] Fed up with the Knanaya Samudaya politics? Please join Aaam Admi Kna party.
From: aaamadmi...@gmail.com
To: knanay...@googlegroups.com

Dear Knananite,

An unprecedented turmoil has shaken up the knanaya samudayam, which last week suffered its biggest challenge. Our church is in shambles. We have to re-organise the church and its administration immediately. All of us are fed up with the Samudaya politics. We have every reason to be. Elders of the current association, gray-haired men in their 60s and 70s, divvy up the spoils in musty back rooms. Time served and elections won count more than dedication and devotion to the church.

We have to induct new and young blood in the association so as to ensure that church is in tune with the aspirations of the majority younger generation. It is time to give more say to the young people in the samudayam and create future leaders who need to take over from the old generation immediately. The youth of the community should be aware of the current crisis and should decide to undergo a generational transition.

A leadership crisis coupled with a generational gap is keeping the church away from the aspirations of young Knananities, which has led to its current unrest. And then the top brass began passing the buck and nobody, including senior leaders, had the courage and desire to own up the failure and correct.

Young Knananites this is the time for action. An endogamous community should be in the hands of its youth and not with the old.  We should ensure that greedy and thick skinned association members do not get re-elected. It’s time to bring power back into safe hands. There are many good intentioned people in the church and association today who want to work honestly for the samudayam. Our (youth’s) aim in entering association is not to come to power; we should enter association to change the current damaging and self-serving system of church politics forever.

Along with young Knananites, the church needs new ideologies. Politics of symbolism and identities should be uprooted in the present church. Policies of loyalties embedded in rivalry are not going to help the church. It has to become more receptive of 21st century generation and inclusive to understand the sentiments of Aam Admi knas & youths.

Only our youth can address this very issue. The youth should uproot weaknesses, divisions and favoritism in the Church. This is the right time for THE YOUTH to work and assure to the Knananites that we have to forget and forgive the past and work for the future in giving good administration. The new church leadership should be able to inculcate confidence and see that every member is important nucleus of the church.

The next association election, which many are predicting for June / July, might finally revive our helpless church from the hands of this destructive politics. The next association election should pave the way for a change from the old to a new generation of association members who can save is samudayam"

Aaam Admi Kna party wishes to promote the following guideline for the next association election:

1)   Ensure that the association members we elect respect and love all Bishops equally but should have more love and dedication for the church and samudayam.

2)   Ensure 80% of association members from every church should be below 40 years of age.

3)   Ensure that the above said 80% of youth demonstrates unconditional love and devotion towards the church and samudayam.

5) Ensure defeat of current members who promotes anarchy and favourisam in the community.

6)   Nominated members to be selected from the list of dedicated pastors in the community. A nominated member should have successfully conducted a minimum of 10 parthana yogams/meetings in the community/ church during the last year. This should be supported by a letter from the concerned vicar.

Requesting all peace loving knananites to give your suggestions and comments so that we can resolve the current unrest in the samudayam.

Yours truly,

AAKP Member

Visit "Knanaya Family" group @ http://vinodk.page.tl or http://knanaya.page.tl/

---

Visit "Knanaya Family" group @ http://vinodk.page.tl or http://knanaya.page.tl/

---

Vinod Kuriakose
http://vinodk.page.tl
Mob- 9444148889
"Our living is determined not so much by what life brings to us as by the attitude you bring to life"

Alexander Mapleton

Mar 12, 2014, 5:23:26 AM3/12/14
to knanay...@googlegroups.com
One basic need is to reunite the two factions, Catholic & Jacobite. Pay heed to Pope Francis' call.   Pool our resources and explore what can be done.    Alex Mapleton

Sajan

Mar 11, 2014, 6:10:20 AM3/11/14
to knanay...@googlegroups.com
Excellent suggestions. Let the candidates who stand in the next association election should commit themselves to these aspects and vigorously follow it up in association meetings & try to incorporate it as official policy of the samudayam for the next 3 years - minimum.

Sajan

Vinod Kuriakose

Mar 12, 2014, 5:59:23 AM3/12/14
to knanayafamily

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:26:28 +0530
Subject: [Knanaya Family] What God is saying to us through the problems we have been facing in Knanaya COMMUNITY?
From: vinodku...@gmail.com
To: knanay...@googlegroups.com

You can make the difference. With the help of you, together, we can preserve our Samudayam it’s heritage and culture
---