Re: [Knanaya Family] Drunkards- BUT Why Knananites drink??

Vinod Kuriakose

Dec 19, 2010, 5:31:04 AM12/19/10
to knanay...@googlegroups.com

Dear Fellow Knananites,

The ongoing debate on "DRUNKARDS" has been an enriching experience. The response to this thread has been overwhelming. I thank all the participants, and especially the contributors, who took time out to share their experiences and insights on " DRUNKARDS " posed in this group. I request the group to continue our dialogue and discussions on all pertinent issues relating to the community. You may also read the Synthesis of the discussions we had in the preceding weeks.

Alcohol is the world's most commonly used drug. Mead was the gift of the gods to the early Scandinavians. In fact, beer has always been considered a kind of tonic. There was no medieval seminary or monastery without its vineyard. The subject of alcohol is controversial and no more so than when attempting to understand the risks or benefits of moderate drinking.

Alcohol (ethanol) is a clear, volatile liquid that burns (oxidizes) easily. It has a slight, characteristic odor and is very soluble in water. Alcohol is an organic compound composed of carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen. When ingested, alcohol passes from the stomach into the small intestine, where it is rapidly absorbed into the blood and distributed throughout the body. Because it is distributed so quickly and thoroughly the alcohol can affect the central nervous system even in small concentrations. In low concentrations, alcohol reduces inhibitions. As blood alcohol concentration increases, a person's response to stimuli decreases markedly, speech becomes slurred, and he or she becomes unsteady and has trouble walking.

The health effects of alcohol use and abuse on an individual are variable depending on factors such as pattern and duration of use, age, gender, socioeconomic status, health status and genes. Equally there are times when drinking even small amounts can be hazardous such as during pregnancy, while driving or when using medication. Heavy drinking (greater than two drinks a day) is recognised as a leading preventable cause of cardiovascular disease (CVD) including cardiomyopathy (heart muscle degeneration), coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, dangerous heart rhythms and stroke.Alcohol consumption is strongly associated with hypertension (high blood pressure) in both men and women over the age of 40 years.

Knananites need to reduce our drinking to safer levels; however, some of us have more serious problems. If your drinking worry your family, friends and community, alcohol may be a problem in your life. If you think you might be drinking too much, it's a good idea to take a look at your drinking patterns.

True, alcohol causes too much damage and violence and too many accidents, but as a community, we are more aware of the problem than ever, and that's a big step in the right direction.

Once again, I thank all of you, as together we have made it possible to share our views and opinions virtually.

Regards,
--
Vinod Kuriakose – Kavumkal , Ranny
http://vinodk.page.tl

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Soju Thomas <sojut...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Only  'Word of God'  Transform  people...

God bless you

Soju Thomas

From: jolly....@hotmail.com
Subject: [Knanaya Family] Drunkards
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:34:51 +0000

DRUNKARDS WILL NOT ENTER

IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

(Memorizing God’s Word is like planting seeds that bear the fruit of righteous life.)

Drunkards will not inherit the Kingdom of God

(1 Corinthians 6 : 9-10)

Idolatry…… drunkenness …. will not   inherit the Kingdom of God. (Galatians 5 : 19 - 21)

Let us behave decently, as in the day time, not in orgies and drunkenness ……rather clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ.  (Romans 13:13)

Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with …..drunkenness and …..that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. (Luke 21 : 34)

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to …. Instead be filled with the Spirit. (Ephesians 5 : 18)

You have spent enough time in the past doing…..drunkenness….do not plunge with them.

(1 Peter 4:3)

You must not associate with anyone who calls …..a drunkard. With such a man do not even it.

(1 Corinthians 5:11)

(Also refer the Old Testament: Jeremiah 13:13-14, Isaiah 24:20, Ecclesiastes 10:17, Deuteronomy 21:20-21,  Proverbs 20:1, 23:21, 23:29-34, 31:5,

 Hosea 4:11, Habakkuk 2:5)

When liquor comes in, then the SPIRIT OF GOD goes out

Now let us say that the liquor is an ambassador of Satan

Refrain from liquor and cloth yourselves with the Spirit of the Lord

What harmony is there between Christ and Belial (Satan)?

(2 Corinthians 6:15)

Vinod Kuriakose
http://vinodk.page.tl
Mob- 9444148889