publishing to Google Earth

OpenSourcer

Feb 15, 2010, 9:52:07 AM2/15/10
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Hi all

I am struggling to figure out how to publish in the Primary Database
on Google Earth so that anyone who loads Google Earth will have access
to this Layer. Does Google determine what Layers go into this
section?

I also came across the article in the developer guide on how to
publish to Google Earth through publishing your KML on a public
server. http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kmlSearch.html

Except that I am not really interested in having to perform a search
and thereafter choose an option and go to the placemark. I have some
content for dining over an entire country that I would like to
contribute. Any help would be much appreciated.

OpenSourcer

fraser (Earth API Guru)

Mar 7, 2010, 5:56:23 PM3/7/10
to KML Developer Support - Third Party Applications
Hi,

Just publish your KML on any public server as per the link you posted
and then anyone can add it to their places.
There is no way to add it to any 'Primary Database' as you put it -
imagine the 'free for all' it would become!

F.