extracting elevation data

已查看 5,183 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

deoquest

未读,
2009年6月16日 05:31:362009/6/16
收件人 KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
hello

please is it possible to extract elevation data to plot a relief map
for an area. i have searched and havent found a tool yet.

thank you

Geospectrum

未读,
2009年6月17日 03:06:112009/6/17
收件人 KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
I have been doing this using the tools at GPS visuliser (http://
www.gpsvisualizer.com/) and excel. GPS visulizer uses SRTM (90m) data
to generate heights from points or paths saved as a kml/z file, I then
take the data and create profile in Excel.

Hope that helps

deoquest

未读,
2009年6月17日 07:22:152009/6/17
收件人 KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Geospectrum

Thank you. Please can you provide some details of how you usually do
this.
I am so sorry to bother you for an example.

On Jun 17, 8:06 am, Geospectrum wrote:
> I have been doing this using the tools at GPS visuliser (http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/) and excel.  GPS visulizer uses SRTM (90m) data

Geospectrum

未读,
2009年6月17日 08:00:182009/6/17
收件人 KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Draw a path in GE using the Add Path tool. Make sure you have evenly
spaced vertexes as you will get an elevation for each vertex. Save the
path as KML (Save Place as...)

Go here http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/elevation and upload your kml
file. Select Convert and Add Elevation make sure you choose 'plain
text' for the output. Click the button.

A text file will be generated with X,Y, and Z data taken from SRTM
(90m) data. Copy the text, paste it into Excel and create a graph
using the elevation data for each point. Viola! a elevation profile
along the path with elevation points for each vertex.

Results are dependant on the spacing between vertexes so try to space
them evenly otherwise the horizontal scale will vary along the length
of the path.

Let me know how you get on. I am doing this stuff for a client who
needs to plan convoy movements and they seem happy with the results.

www.geospectrum.co.uk
> > > thank you- Hide quoted text -

回复全部
回复作者