Kml issues with internet explorer

Aneudy

Aug 20, 2008, 9:25:51 AM8/20/08
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Im having an issue with the internet explorer browser that im not
having with firefox. I linked a kml file and saved a 3d sketchup model
inside of it. when i open the link in firefox and it opens up google
earth with no problems. However when i use internet explorer it opens
up my kmz file as a folder and does not open google earth directly.

barryhunter [KML Guru]

Aug 20, 2008, 10:18:52 AM8/20/08
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Issues like this are usually the product of server misconfigurations.

http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_tut.html#kml_server

(also if you are returning the KMZ from a dynamic script, there are
extra headers you should send)