KML - Time Data in placemarks

Toby P

Jul 7, 2015, 5:56:57 AM7/7/15
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com

I need to make some KML code that is basically a coloured track. So far I have worked out that it either has to be lots of small lines or placemarks. However usually with this there is no way to use the time bar. Is there a way to be able to have lots of small lines/placemarks that are affected by the timebar.

Thank you.

barryhunter (KML Guru)

Jul 7, 2015, 6:24:30 AM7/7/15
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Well you can just add the same <TimeStamp>/<TimeSpan>, to each individual <Placemark>

... or put them all in a <Folder> and add the <TimeStamp>/<TimeSpan> to the folder itself, then time data will apply to all parts of the line.