Autoplay for KML based tours

Jerry Kew

Jan 22, 2009, 9:53:33 AM1/22/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML
I write KML based tours 'on the fly' and then have to explain to my
audience that not only do they have to click on 'open in google earth'
after clicking on the .kml, but also to explain to them about pressing
the play button.

I would like to do a number of things:

'Autostart' the tour

Override the defaults for flight speed etc

set timings, e.g. pauses within the tour

It doesn't seem obvious how one might do these things, if you can,
then please give me a little guidance, and if not, does anyone know if
there is a reason why not, other than simply one of omission?

many thanks
Jerry

Gavin

Feb 11, 2009, 4:13:59 PM2/11/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML
I agree on this line of questioning, why is there no answer yet?

Roman N

Feb 13, 2009, 5:58:07 PM2/13/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML
Hi Jerry,

Have you checked out the new touring functionality in Google Earth 5
and Google's KML extensions? See this link for details:

http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/touring.html

You may be able to create a <NetworkLink> (with a flyToView of 1) to a
KML file containing only a <gx:Tour> feature and cause the tour to
autoplay, though I haven't verified this. If that doesn't work, can
you post a feature request here:

http://code.google.com/p/kml-samples/issues/list

Thanks,
- Roman

huroly

Feb 17, 2009, 4:45:47 AM2/17/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML
Hi Jerry,

Did you find a solution to your problem?

At the moment I am facing the same problem. I have tried the suggested
networklink solution, but failed.

Regards

Jerry Kew

Feb 17, 2009, 5:23:04 AM2/17/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML
I had missed Roman's reply, so I will need to try what he has
suggested. I'll let you know how I get on.

Jerry

Roman N

Feb 17, 2009, 9:14:27 PM2/17/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML
Hi huroly, Jerry,

Ah, it was a spur of the moment idea... I haven't tried it myself.
Anyway, can you file a feature request for auto-playing tours at:

http://code.google.com/p/kml-samples/issues/detail?id=40

Thanks!
- Roman

Jerry Kew

Feb 18, 2009, 5:21:51 AM2/18/09
to KML Developer Support - Advanced Support for KML

dave...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2015, 7:22:29 AM1/1/15
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Hi there - the Autoplay for Google Earth tours is still needed! has anyone found a way to get it to work? thanks dB

Serveurperso .com

Jul 10, 2015, 12:20:18 PM7/10/15
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Same probleme here I need to autostart a tour from networknode