i wanna to know how to load part of a picture as a placemark in google earth?

alec chen

Dec 16, 2014, 4:19:03 AM12/16/14
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com

First of all,the picture is one-piece.
for example ,when I get the orientation of a aircraft is left,i wanna to load part of the picture (part 1),when right ,i wanna use other part of the picture(part 2).
How can I make it? i'm wondering if Google Earth API have this method to read only part of my picture?

the picture is as below:

barryhunter (KML Guru)

Dec 18, 2014, 11:36:46 AM12/18/14
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
No, KML does not have support for 'sprites'

However, there a <heading>

You should jsut be able to use a single image of the plane, and then rotate it on a case by case basis. That way you dont need sprites, and those can all be done with a single icon.