Problem with a parse error in google earth

helenbe...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2014, 10:44:29 AM12/8/14
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have a file that I work on almost every day at work.  On Friday I did some work on it and saved it in my usual way.  I have just tried to open it today and have got teh following error

What does this mean and how can I fix it?  I have no back up and it wont let me restore any previous versions.

Doug Kelly

Dec 9, 2014, 9:52:13 AM12/9/14
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
I don't see any error information in your post.  Generally an error provides some idea what's going on, and most likely a line number where the error was detected.

On Monday, December 8, 2014 7:44:29 AM UTC-8, (unknown) wrote:
Hi

I have a file that I work on almost every day at work.  On Friday I did some work on it and saved it in my usual way.  I have just tried to open it today and have got teh following error

Jason M

Dec 9, 2014, 1:08:44 PM12/9/14
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Here's a document with some steps to repair broken KML files including an illustrated example:
Some of the errors are obvious and others can be less so. The KML validator can also be a source of help to identify errors.

If you provide more details on the error then others can provide more specific steps to fix the error.