ERROR : Could not open file "xx.kml" for reading

Fazna Ali

Oct 14, 2014, 12:10:44 AM10/14/14
to kml-suppor...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I have this one excel programming workbook which was developed with help by MVP Excel JLatham. One of the function of the workbook is to be able to open Google Earth (GE) file directly from the excel workbook. On the other hand, the workbook would also created separated GE file that would be saved to a specified folder.

The said GE file is created inside the excel workbook using VBA language. Before this, the workbook is just working fine which mean the GE file can be opened directly from the workbook. However, recently there is one error that keeps come out every time I want to open the GE from the workbook.

The said error is displayed in image below:

Inline image 2

For your information, this error only encountered when I want to open the GE directly from the excel workbook - using predefined coding language that enabled the workbook to do so.

Instead, there is no problem / error encountered when I opened the GE file that was saved in the specified location, which I mention earlier above. That's why we assume that the problem would appear to be a GoogleEarth problem because Excel is opening GoogleEarth but GoogleEarth is not able to open the .kml file.  It really sounds almost like a file permissions issue.

Have you guys ever encountered this problem or error? I hope you can share your opinions/ideas regarding this error.

You kind attention into this matter is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Nina.