Statement by civil society on proposed move to shift Childline to administrative control of MHA

Khushboo

Jun 2, 2021, 10:48:25 AM6/2/21
to Khushboo

Dear friends,

Greetings from the All India Working Group on the Rights of Children (AIWGRC)! We sincerely hope you are well and staying safe in these tough times.

We are writing to you regarding a national petition drafted by AIWGRC opposing the proposed move by the Central Government to bring ChildLine under the purview of MHA. We are urging the government to take a decision where the children and their best interest are at the centre. The current proposal will do more harm to children who have been benefiting from Childline. Hence, Childline needs to be retained within the administrative control of MWCD and the government should undertake measures for strengthening Childline while retaining it there.

Please find the link to the petition here: http://www.concernedforworkingchildren.org/news/2021/05/statement-by-civil-society-on-proposed-move-to-shift-childline-to-administrative-control-of-mha/

The petition has also been uploaded onto Change.org and here is the link: https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of-women-and-child-development-statement-on-proposed-move-to-shift-childline-to-administrative-control-of-mha

We sincerely hope you will endorse the petition and come out strongly against this move.

Regards,

Khushboo Jain
On behalf of AIWGRC

StatementOpposingProposalToMoveChildline toMHA_AIWGRC.pdf
Voice of children on Childline.pdf