Have the White Geese/Snow Geese moved on North?

Kevin D

Apr 10, 2023, 11:50:25 AMApr 10
to Klamath Basin Bird News
Hello,

I try to go to Summer Lake each March to see the White Geese/Snow Geese. I know it is a bit outside the Klamath Basin, but wanted to know if they have mostly moved on from the Klamath area? It is usually a good proxy on if I might still see some at Summer Lake.

With the more snowy winter, I was curious if they might have a slightly delayed migration north.

Thank you,
Kevin Desrosiers
Bend

rrip...@charter.net

Apr 10, 2023, 2:37:59 PMApr 10
to Kevin D, Klamath Basin Bird News

Kevin D. and all,

The Snow/Ross's Geese have not entirely moved on. Many linger into May. They are down in numbers here, however. They usually reach their peak in the area in mid-March. But on Friday, later in the afternoon, I saw a good sized flock of more than 10K along Township Road. They were mostly Snow Geese there. I don't know what numbers are still at Miller Island.

Geese numbers will drop off pretty quick now, and it will be small flocks of Greater White-fronted Geese with some white geese mixed in as we approach May, and into the first part of May.

Kevin Spencer
Klamath Falls

For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/4623c8d9-e77b-464d-98d9-5774a8d79a79n%40googlegroups.com.