Possible very unusual bird at Putnam's Point. Upper K. Lake

Howard West

Jun 3, 2021, 6:58:04 PM6/3/21
to klamathbas...@googlegroups.com
Mid morning today I heard the unmistakable call of a V, Rail. Sounded like in the little cove West of the parking lot. The only other call that I thought might be close is the Pied-billed grebe, and I listened to their call, and am sure it was a V. rail.

What I'm NOT SURE ABOUT. is if someone in the area was using an E. call?

While the area of that cove is no doubt V. Rail habitat, there is a LOT of unfriendly distance it had to travel to get there!?

Also surprised to have a pair of A. Avocets pay a short visit. They must be finding mud flats in the area, or flooded fields?

Howard West
Klamath Falls.
850_9430.jpg 8x10.jpg r.jpg