Kiwilinux 9.04-es ISO képfájl / Kiwilinux 9.04 ISO image

Andras Kellner

Jun 1, 2021, 8:09:33 AM6/1/21
to kiwilinux
Kedves Csoporttagok,

Amennyiben lehetséges, szeretnék kérni egy letöltőlinket a 9.04-es Kiwilinux lemezképének letöltéséhez.

Nagyon köszönöm, üdvözlettel:
Kellner András

Dear Group Members,

If it is possible, i would like to request a download link for iso image of Kiwilinux 9.04.

Thank you your kind help:
Andras Kellner

Gheorghe Boghitoiu

Jun 1, 2021, 2:38:51 PM6/1/21
to kiwi...@googlegroups.com

Înainte de a posta citiți regulile listelor de discuții http://ubuntu.ro/comunitate/participa/listediscutii/conduita
Pentru a posta pe acest grup trimiteți un mail la adresa kiwi...@googlegroups.com
Pentru a vă dezabona timiteți un mail la adresa kiwilinux+...@googlegroups.com
---
Ați primit acest mesaj deoarece sunteți abonat(ă) la grupul „kiwilinux” din Grupuri Google.
Pentru a vă dezabona de la acest grup și pentru a nu mai primi e-mailuri de la acesta, trimiteți un e-mail la adresa kiwilinux+...@googlegroups.com.
Pentru a vizualiza această discuție pe web, accesați https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kiwilinux/3ed4cb49-e2f7-47ce-aa70-3474a7856ca1n%40googlegroups.com.

Andras Kellner

Jun 2, 2021, 1:54:35 AM6/2/21
to kiwilinux
Thank you your answer.

Of course the 9.04 Ubuntu is very outdated, the current LTS version is 20.04. But we need this old image of Kiwilinux 9.04 if it is available. The computer, an old workstation was run this OS, for specific purpose (research), very restricted and contolled internet access (automatic data sending to another server). This computer was run flawlessly, (like "Ubuntu 9.04 certified") even the sleep mode was perfectly work - an quite important feature in this specific case.

But last week, its main hard drive was failed, and the owner had not OS image to reinstall. Luckly, his home folder, with research datas and logs was on another volume with RAID1. So, this is the situation why i search KL 9.04.

I know, that KL is based on Ubuntu 9.04, but some integrated features, and the small image would be an advantage. Could you or anybody share with me, on G Drive, OneDrive, or Box? We appreciate any help. Thank you, A. K.

Jani Monoses

Jun 2, 2021, 2:04:10 AM6/2/21
to kiwi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

most mirrors are probably also long gone, I would just search google for that iso image hoping to get lucky, unless you did that already and asked here as a last resort.
I would also just use Ubuntu 9.04 if compatibility is important and manually install whatever else is needed.

Înainte de a posta citiți regulile listelor de discuții http://ubuntu.ro/comunitate/participa/listediscutii/conduita
Pentru a posta pe acest grup trimiteți un mail la adresa kiwi...@googlegroups.com
Pentru a vă dezabona timiteți un mail la adresa kiwilinux+...@googlegroups.com
---
Ați primit acest mesaj deoarece sunteți abonat(ă) la grupul „kiwilinux” din Grupuri Google.
Pentru a vă dezabona de la acest grup și pentru a nu mai primi e-mailuri de la acesta, trimiteți un e-mail la adresa kiwilinux+...@googlegroups.com.

Andras Kellner

Jun 2, 2021, 10:21:01 AM6/2/21
to kiwilinux
I was write here as last resort, as i tried to obtain yesterday KL 9.04. After extensive googleing, i was try bt and ftp search engines for "kiwi-9.04.iso", without success. Only the 12.08 are available on third party sites. (It was a perfect distro, because not contains the resource hog Unity out of the box.) So, as i see, the KL. 9.04 and its precedessors are completely disappeared from internet. Even the extensive distro storage of ftp.vim.org-s is not contains any version of KL. Watch here: http://ftp.vim.org/os/Linux/distr/

I was use KL from 8.04 onwards to 12.08, and this was the reason the install to this computer, that i mention early. kiwi904_faildl.jpg
bittorrent_results.jpg

A.K.

Gheorghe Boghitoiu

Jun 3, 2021, 2:01:43 AM6/3/21
to kiwi...@googlegroups.com
You are very right, I also found 12.08, but I found among the CD archive a KIWI 7.10 and 10.08. Is it useful to you? I didn't find 9.04.

Andras Kellner

Jun 3, 2021, 4:48:47 AM6/3/21
to kiwilinux
Thank you your activites and attention, the installation of the workstation is completed -  with KL 8.12!

In the forgotten shelf in the laboratory, my friend found a dusty CD, with KL 8.12! After  the installation, everything work well! I am immediately made an ISO image from this disc. (If you want a copy, email me.)

The research project that my friend involved is radio astronomy. The computer's role is positioning a smaller radio telescope remotely, and made some measurement (positioning evaluation, direction is correct to designated object on the sky) automatically, then the results store locally, and / or transfer to another server.

The unique one-off controller of the radio antenna, the control program, its driver (antenna controls through serial ports), and the data collector program was write one of his colleague, who passes five years ago. Sadly, the source code of this program is not available, only the deb binaries, so the implementation to newer system is not likely possible.

The computer that controls everything, is an absolute vintage server, an IBM EServer with dual Intel Pentium III 1.0 Ghz, 512 ECC DDR, SCSI discs, two serial ports as most important feature. Works well, even the fan's remain silent.

A.K.

Gheorghe Boghitoiu

Jun 3, 2021, 6:35:25 AM6/3/21
to kiwi...@googlegroups.com
I looked again and found this: KL 7.10, 8.03, 10.08, 12.08, 9.04 I missing

Andras Kellner

Jun 3, 2021, 8:54:59 AM6/3/21
to kiwilinux
So, welcome a new Kiwilinux unoffical distro repositiory! Currently, this is an ridiculous overstatement, but i would like to gather somehow KL distros to my Onedrive, and share it. Here the first, the 8.12:

A.K.