Re: [kiwilinux] Other Desktop enviroments/ windows manager for kiwi linux?

Jani Monoses

Sep 8, 2012, 6:37:02 AM9/8/12
to kiwi...@googlegroups.com
The current desktop is actually Gnome Classic (so it is Gnome 3's
fallback option not the actual Gnome 2 codebase) which is probably
going to be maintained for a while.
No other environments will be used. The idea is to have a simple and
familiar setup that caters for most newcomers. Anyone with more
advanced knowledge of linux (such as yourself) can easily install
their favourite DE and tweak it if they choose to install Kiwi :)

Jani

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Josh Ligor <hellrai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again :)
>
> Since gnome 2 won't be officially developed anymore my question is: Will
> ever be planned other versions of kiwi linux with different DE and/or WM?
>
> Would be nice to have an enlightment 17 version, or a MATE version for...
> instance..
>
> Again what do you think?
>
> Bye <3
>
> --
> Înainte de a posta citiți regulile listelor de discuții
> http://ubuntu.ro/comunitate/participa/listediscutii/conduita
> Pentru a posta pe acest grup trimiteți un mail la adresa
> kiwi...@googlegroups.com
> Pentru a vă dezabona timiteți un mail la adresa
> kiwilinux+...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted

Gheorghe Boghitoiu

Sep 12, 2012, 2:31:56 AM9/12/12
to kiwi...@googlegroups.com
Depends on the development team and the support received from the community.