KIwi IRC embeds stopped working.

K Keller

Oct 31, 2023, 5:13:26 PM10/31/23
to kiwiirc
I have been using an embedded Kiwi IRC client which worked fine up until just two days ago, when it now gives "unknown error" messages when trying to connect.

Here is the embed code, which should also work directly in the address bar of any browser:

It worked fine Saturday night. But now it won't connect and gives this error:

We couldn't connect to that server :(
Unknown error

Can someone please help me get my chat working again?

Thanks,

K Keller.

William Braswell

Nov 1, 2023, 9:08:01 PM11/1/23
to kiwiirc
This issue is also affecting our long-standing Kiwi links, but even when I go to KiwiIRC.com and manually type in the server details it still gives the same error message "We couldn't connect to that server :(  Unknown error"...
https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/#irc://irc.perl.org/#perl

Chris Sano

Nov 2, 2023, 12:47:37 AM11/2/23
to kiwiirc
I am getting the same "unknown error" message. We have many users not able to connect using the kiwi client. I have also sent a message direct to kiwi.com via their contact page, but yet no reply.

Kiwi.com please get this error resolved so our users can connect via your client. Thank you.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sai Girl

Dec 31, 2023, 3:37:36 PM12/31/23
to kiwiirc
Same thing happening here.    I have a brand new Mac.
Was connecting to the server and the Chat Room ("No Agenda Show") easily for several weeks.
Never a problem before.  Over years and years.

Now, suddenly on New Years Eve, I get this "Unknown Error" and cannot connect to the server.

Is this some kind of "Year End" problem?