Password field not passing on to Nickserv

Chat27 South Africa

Jul 17, 2020, 3:56:47 AM7/17/20
to kiwiirc
Hi there. I've tried variations and iterations, but https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.zairc.net:7000/?nick=%20&theme=dark&channel=#Volwasseklets doesn't want to pass on the password for my chatters. Using the old client does, nextclient doesn't. Any advice?

Larry Atchison

Mar 1, 2021, 6:55:08 PM3/1/21
to kiwiirc

Tell you chatters to make an alias called /login /ns identify <user password> they will need to put it into the alias window in the nextcliet settings

Brian Talamo

Aug 2, 2021, 2:15:10 PM8/2/21
to kiwiirc
Having the same issues.   Having chatters create an alias isn't an easy task when you have lot's of seniors.  If they knew how to make aliases, they wouldnt be using an applet to get in.  Is this a bug in the nextclient?

prawnsalad

Aug 2, 2021, 3:11:52 PM8/2/21
to kiwiirc
You need to make sure the network supports SASL. This is what accepts the user+password on the network. Almost all networks support it now so you might need to poke an admin if they haven't got it enabled.

The old kiwi version didn't use SASL so that's why the difference.

Alireza Ebiii

Aug 2, 2021, 3:16:50 PM8/2/21
to prawnsalad, kiwiirc

در تاریخ دوشنبه ۲ اوت ۲۰۲۱،‏ ۲۳:۴۱ prawnsalad <dar...@darrenwhitlen.com> نوشت: