Webirc configuration

Mehmet Akif Şimşek

Nov 25, 2023, 11:05:15 AM11/25/23
to kiwiirc

Hello, what should be written in the webirc and serverpassword option in the configuration settings?

# Connections will be sent to a random upstream
[upstream.1]
hostname = "irc.example.net"
port = 6667
tls = false
# Connection timeout in seconds
timeout = 5
# Throttle the lines being written by X per second
throttle = 2
webirc = ""
serverpassword = ""
# Outgoing protocol, valid options: tcp, tcp4, tcp6, unix
# this can be used to force ipv4, ipv6 etc
protocol = tcp
# IP address of the local network interface to bind for outgoing connections
localaddr = ""

JC

Dec 4, 2023, 8:37:15 AM12/4/23
to kiwiirc
Hi, Mehmet.

As far as my experience goes, that password will have to be given to you by the IRC network administrator, as they would have been the ones setting up the required functionality.

If you're setting up your own installation of KiwiIRC, then you'll have to work closely with the network administrators I hope you have a good relationship with them. If not, it's probably time to build one :)