Iso image creation getting stuck

Anjana Rai

Mar 7, 2024, 4:28:30 AMMar 7
to kiwi
Hi,

I am trying to build an iso image of OpenSUSE leap 15.3 using below command:
 kiwi-ng --type oem system build   --description kiwi/build-tests/x86/leap/test-image-disk     --set-repo obs://openSUSE:Leap:15.3/standard     --target-dir /home/Anjana/

and I want to create a clone of rootfs, so added below in the config.xml:
But image creation getting stuck at this point.
Could you please look into this issue and suggest what could be wrong here.
And If I am missing something.
kiwi-Image.png
Screenshot 2024-03-07 145359.png

Marcus Schäfer

Mar 8, 2024, 9:20:29 AMMar 8
to kiwi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> But image creation getting stuck at this point.

There are some conversations on the OBS mailing list about
network connection issues to the Leap repos. If you run your build
with the "--debug" switch you will get more information and maybe
a hint where exactly in the process it gets stuck

Regards,
Marcus
--
Public Key available via: https://keybase.io/marcus_schaefer/key.asc
keybase search marcus_schaefer

Anjana Rai

Mar 11, 2024, 3:51:43 AMMar 11
to kiwi
Hi Marcus,

This is output I got after using the debug flag.
Please help me to understand what is wrong with creating/adding the 5th partition.
As per my understanding with GPT we can have more than 4 primary partitions.
Thanks!

Regards,
Anjana Rai
Kiwi debug output.png

Marcus Schäfer

Mar 13, 2024, 5:40:33 AMMar 13
to kiwi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> As per my understanding with GPT we can have more than 4 primary
> partitions.

Yes you can have more.

Quite some loops on your system /dev/loop13, that's suspicious
some unclean loops or other device maps ?

Other than that your picture only show a little bit of the logfile
and I can't see the file that is associated with /dev/loop13.
So please check that file and then call

gdisk -l this-file-mapped-to-loop13

Do you see all partitions ? if not I assume an issue with the
disk size. Partition 5 is the last one and created with all rest
capacity. Maybe there was no rest capacity... again I'm just
guessing because there is only a portion of the complete picture

The actual error is on the mapping of that partition, which
usually fails because the requested entry does not exist, but it
can also fail because of no more loops available. Unfortunately
partx doesn't tell the reason why

Regards,
Marcus
--