OpenCV Issue while building an apk using buildozer

Assigned to vishal....@gmail.com by me

vishal dani

Jan 30, 2019, 6:37:26 AM1/30/19
to Kivy users support
Hello friends,
I am getting this error when OpenCV recipe is building. Here i am just trying to get opencv version to be printed.
The solution that I have tried are: (I deleted OpenCV folder from the other_build every time before trying a new solution)
  • different versions of cmake(3.6.3,3.9.3,latest).
  • changing version of OpenCV==master in buildozer.spec file and changing the recipe in p4a to not apply patch of 2.4.10 if I use OpenCV==master. (FATAL: In-source builds are not allowed.You should create a separate directory for build files.)
  • Different versions of NDK(9c,16b,17c).
I am using master branch of p4a.

I have attached log files, buildozer.spec file, pip freeze information.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.
log_opencv_default_16b.txt
log_opencv_master_17c.txt
buildozer.txt
code.txt
pip.txt

vishal dani

Jan 31, 2019, 6:57:56 AM1/31/19
to Kivy users support
I found a solution by myself, so posting it here for future reference of others.

This solution worked (sdk=24,ndk=15b,api=27) - with a fork of p4a branch (https://github.com/zworkb/python-for-android):

The repo has changed opencv patch file and so has the cmake error solved.
Message has been deleted

Robert Flatt

Feb 1, 2019, 12:39:36 PM2/1/19
to Kivy users support

I have not tried the fix yet.
To get the fix reinstall python-for-android (master)

And thanks to the OP here, whose post above seems to have been instrumental......