GUI Date Time Picker for Kivy

Shoumik Das

May 23, 2020, 11:52:30 AM5/23/20
to Kivy users support
Hi, I am trying to build a simple gui date time picker for a Kivy app but it seems that Kivy does not have a built-in module. I searched and used the KivyCalendar module from pypi,org but it seems that the module is compatible with Python 2.7 whereas my app is written using Python 3.6.9. I would like to build a GUI based date and time picker for Kivy. Can anyone please give some pointers?

I was exploring the Python calendar module.

import calendar

yy
= 2020  # year
mm
= 5    # month

# To take month and year input from the user
# yy = int(input("Enter year: "))
# mm = int(input("Enter month: "))

# display the calendar
print(calendar.month(yy, mm))

But it is only a text version. I want to develop a GUI one for my app. I guess using the Popup widget might help. But how do I set each date to be clickable? Any guidance regarding the approach would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Elliot Garbus

May 23, 2020, 1:36:50 PM5/23/20
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Here is the source for the kivy calandar.  The comments commit message suggests it was updated for kivy 3.x.  Use to source (not the pip download) or use it as inspiration.  Looks very manageable.

https://bitbucket.org/xxblx/kivycalendar/src/master/

Shoumik Das

May 24, 2020, 12:18:56 AM5/24/20
to Kivy users support