TreeView with ScrollView - speed and smoothness

Sergey Vdovin

Jan 13, 2019, 4:49:34 AM1/13/19
to Kivy users support
Hello.
I've got a problem with smoothness of scrolling a TreeView widget inside of a ScrollView widget. Moving up and down through nodes is binded to the keyboard. When I press down once, it looks okay. When I've held a key for some time, I expect that a selector would consistently switch between nodes and run to a calculated one (according to time I hold a key). In reality, the selector freezes in the initial position and then teleports to the finish position. Are there some ways to solve the issue? May be, using RecycleView is the solution? I've found one topic something related to my case, but it's an old topic and I'm not sure these themes are the same. Link: https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/kivy-users&hidesubject=true&hideforumtitle=true&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fkivy.org%2F%23#!searchin/kivy-users/treeview$20scrollview/kivy-users/we2C_IgaxDk/RkM3rUmRpgwJ
If it matters, I say that the program retrieves data from MongoDB when a user selects a node in TreeView, then another widget is updated accodingly to recieved data and shows it on the screen. Though, I think it's not a problem of MongoDB speed.
I use it from Win10, intel i5, 8 Gb RAM

What do you think? I thank you in advance for any help.

I attached three video to the post:
Scroll_with_holding.mp4 demonstrates my problem. There I hold a key.
Scroll_with_single-press.mp4 shows the behavior when I press a key once.
Desired-pattern.mp4 - is a pattern, what I desire to achieve. It's from ACDSee file manager.
Scroll_with_holding.mp4
Scroll_with_single-press.mp4
Desired-pattern.mp4

Sergey Vdovin