Buildozer on macos gives "[ERROR]: Prerequisite homebrew is not met"

tor

Apr 18, 2024, 5:57:06 PMApr 18
to Kivy users support
This is a (to me) new one, since when is homebrew a requisite], and why ??
Personally I've had nothing but disasters with homebrew...

Tomek CEDRO

Apr 19, 2024, 2:31:29 PMApr 19
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
yup you need to install homebrew for automatic dependencies management during build..

tor

Apr 19, 2024, 4:11:33 PMApr 19
to Kivy users support
Thanks Tomek,

Do you know if there are any guides/instructions for those of us not using homebrew ?

Tomek CEDRO

Apr 21, 2024, 10:25:02 AMApr 21
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 10:11 PM tor wrote:
> Thanks Tomek,
> Do you know if there are any guides/instructions for those of us not using homebrew ?

Buioldozer is the automation tool that uses Python-For-Android (P4A)
[1] for build.

There were a lot of issues caused by missing/invalid dependencies thus
this (so far) experimental approach for dependency management (on
macOS HomeBrew is used).

You may want to search an option to disable dependency check in
Buildozer. If there is none you may want to report an Issue with a
request that this option is added (not sure right now if this is part
of Buildozer or P4A but this can be for sure added).

You may also want to use P4A directly where you have much more control
over the build process, write your own build scripts, but its also
much harder to use.

[1] https://github.com/kivy/python-for-android