Why doe it createiOS project replica in "YourApp" folder every time I run the Xcode project

Karimkhan Pathan

Nov 17, 2022, 10:43:53 AM11/17/22
to Kivy users support
I am following this tutorial https://kivy.org/doc/stable/guide/packaging-ios.html#create-an-xcode-project

Steps I followed

1. Create folder "kivy_demo_17_11_v2" and cd kivy_demo_17_11_v2
2. Copy main.py file in kivy_demo_17_11_v2 folder
3. toolchain build python numpy kivy
4. toolchain create kivy_demo2 /Users/karimkhan/Desktop/iOS/kivy_demo_17_11_v2
Now file structure look like this
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 9.08.17 PM.png
5. Now when I click on kivy_demo2.xcodeproj to start the project. It takes lot of time compare to other iOS project. And when I run it making whatever change I want to do. eg adding numpy program in it. It create replica of the project in YourApp folder. See now the folder structure looks like this
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 9.11.48 PM.png

So it becomes difficult for me to understand which main.py file I am editing and which Xcode project should I run.

Robert

Nov 17, 2022, 1:09:59 PM11/17/22
to Kivy users support
The *-ios directory is the tool's database, its not for users, don't cd there.

Just work in your project directory (cd kivy_demo_17_11_v2)