Error in buildozer because of assets size

Mohit Narwani

May 28, 2023, 3:30:42 AM5/28/23
to Kivy users support
[DEBUG]:
[DEBUG]:        * What went wrong:
[DEBUG]:        Execution failed for task ':compressDebugAssets'.
[DEBUG]:        > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CompressAssetsWorkAction
[DEBUG]:           > Java heap space

My assets size is 240mb, when I reduce it to 100 mb everything works fine

Robert

May 28, 2023, 12:43:24 PM5/28/23
to Kivy users support
Not really a Buildozer issue, you see it because Buildozer uses Gradle which depends on Java.

This is about Java, specifically increase the Java heap size. You can Google this.

The Android Store has some size limit, I think it is 100Mb.
If you want to put your app in the Store the aab will be too big, and you'll have to change the design.