Separating touch screen and mouse events so that mouse events can be discarded

David Goadby

Nov 19, 2015, 10:14:10 PM11/19/15
to Kivy users support
I have a Shuttle PC loaded with SUSE Linux. Kivy is working fine but I am having problems with the touch system.

The mouse device is /dev/input/mouse0 and the touch screen is /dev/input/mouse2

If I do nothing in config.kv then both the mouse and the touch screen work perfectly.

What I want is Kivy to respond to /dev/input/mouse2 only ie ignore the mouse inputs.

I created an entry in config.kv:
     mouse = mouse, /dev/input/mouse2

I hoped that Kivy would just respond to the touch screen events but in fact it still responds to both.

I then tried:

     mouse = mouse, /dev/input/mouse0
     touch = mouse, /dev/input/mouse2

and this didn't help as I don't how to tell Kivy that only events from "touch" are to be acted on.

I have read the manual about configuration but nothing actually explains how this works.

I hope the answer is simple...

David Goadby