Kivy's language display support

frank_87

Nov 26, 2021, 8:23:31 PM11/26/21
to Kivy users support
Hello everyone, when I am using kivy as a mobile app, using font_name='font' (ttf) in pycharm can display Chinese normally. But after packaging it into an apk with Kivy buildozer, it crashes after opening the software after the phone is installed. How can I solve it?

frank_87

Nov 26, 2021, 9:29:05 PM11/26/21
to Kivy users support
If i don't font_name='font' Import Chinese characters, only in English, the software can be normal

Robert

Nov 27, 2021, 1:18:23 AM11/27/21
to Kivy users support
To be certain of the the issue use the debugger https://github.com/Android-for-Python/Android-for-Python-Users#debugging
It sounds like the font you are using does not exist on Android, provide the font.
Also add the font file extension to     source.include_exts