Kivy Textfields not receiving accented characters from android keyboard

Joran Beasley

Oct 23, 2013, 1:08:57 PM10/23/13
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
using the native android keyboard, if you hold down a key (`a` for example) you will see a floating box pop up with variants of that letter with various diacritics, however it seems that text fields are not receiving these special characters at all.  please help me to get these letters to show up in the text fields... I am totally stumped I have tried several variations of keyboard_mode in the kivy config file with no luck.

Ben Rousch

Oct 23, 2013, 1:14:12 PM10/23/13
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Strange, it works for me in my apps. For instance: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.clusterbleep.saythis

What version of Kivy are you using?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Joran Beasley <joranb...@gmail.com> wrote:
using the native android keyboard, if you hold down a key (`a` for example) you will see a floating box pop up with variants of that letter with various diacritics, however it seems that text fields are not receiving these special characters at all.  please help me to get these letters to show up in the text fields... I am totally stumped I have tried several variations of keyboard_mode in the kivy config file with no luck.

 Ben Rousch
   bro...@gmail.com
   http://clusterbleep.net/

Joran Beasley

Oct 23, 2013, 1:19:59 PM10/23/13
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
yeah I just realized we are using an older version of kivy(1.4.1) so the answer may be that we need to update kivy ... thanks Ben