Does buildozer convert .kv files as well?

Leo Liang

May 11, 2022, 5:01:25 PM5/11/22
to Kivy users support
Hi, I am completely new to this and I am creating my first app with kivy. I have looked up how to convert python files into .apk files on android but nowhere does it mention anything about .kv files that I have used Builder for. Would I have to integrate my ..kv file contents into my main .py code in order to convert the full functionality of my app to an apk file?
If somebody could advise me on this that would be fantastic!

Guilherme Soares Lima

May 11, 2022, 5:25:06 PM5/11/22
to Kivy users support
The docs say that buildozer.spec file allows you to even specify what extension of the files you want to pack (this includes .kv files), so no, you don't need to modify your py files to include .kv files content.

Guilherme Soares Lima

May 11, 2022, 5:28:13 PM5/11/22
to Kivy users support
More precisely, the location where you can see that

source.include_exts = py,png,jpg,kv,atlas

Guilherme Soares Lima

May 11, 2022, 5:29:17 PM5/11/22
to Kivy users support
If you leave this field empty, it will include all files.

Leo Liang

May 12, 2022, 3:57:21 AM5/12/22
to Kivy users support
Thank you very much for your help!