Music cannot be played after compilation on android.

ТН Н

Jan 22, 2021, 11:36:06 AM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
I'm using SoundLoader. Everything works on windows and linux. After compilation on android - silence

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 12:25:13 PM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
1) Always search for a solution before you post.
2) Working on Windows/Linux is often necessary but not sufficient for working on Android. The assumption in the post is flawed.
3) If you post, post a small runnable example. "It doesn't work" is not actionable by anybody else.

OK so you'll do it right next time.
Search in the box above for         soundloader test case
The first thread is from a week ago it discusses this issue, about half way though is a working test case. Start from that.

Pranav Balaji Pooruli

Jan 22, 2021, 12:27:38 PM1/22/21
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Kivy doesn’t play MP4 audio on Android. Try OGG. If that doesn’t work, try WAV (not recommended ‘cause it makes the largest files).

Message has been deleted

ТН Н

ТН Н

Jan 22, 2021, 1:33:02 PM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
I looked everywhere. I asked questions on two forums, they did not answer. There is nothing specific in my code.
Builder.load_string('''
<Start>:
    FloatLayout:
        Button:
            text: 'Включить'
            size_hint_x: .05
            size_hint_y: .08
            pos_hint:{'center_x': .5, 'y': .8}
            on_release: root.enable()
''')

class Start(Screen):
    def enable(self):
        sound = SoundLoader.load('Music/music.mp3')
        sound.play()
sm = ScreenManager(transition = NoTransition())
sm.add_widget(Start(name = 'one'))

class MyApp(App):
    def build(self):
        return sm

MyApp().run()

Pranav Balaji Pooruli

Jan 22, 2021, 1:47:01 PM1/22/21
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Is this what happened?

- MP3 = Silence
- WAV = Sound, but not the file you loaded

If so, try converting your audio to an Ogg Vorbis file and compressing it.

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 2:50:04 PM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
Did the test case work?
Read the comments in that post so that buildozer.spec is correctly edited.

mp3 is not available via Soundloader on Android, use ogg or wav

ТН Н

Jan 22, 2021, 3:59:42 PM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
No, wav is also silence. Did as you said, the result is the same :-(

ТН Н

Jan 22, 2021, 4:05:39 PM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
I'm sorry, I don't understand what kind of test case you're talking about. Can you give me a screenshot or the file itself?

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 6:47:02 PM1/22/21
to Kivy users support
Re-read my first post in this thread, instructions are there.

ТН Н

Jan 23, 2021, 8:06:30 AM1/23/21
to Kivy users support
Maybe when compiling, you need to add a request for permission to play audio or something similar?

пятница, 22 января 2021 г., 21:47:01 UTC+3 пользователь Pranav Balaji Pooruli написал:
Is this what happened?

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2021, 12:01:57 PM1/23/21
to Kivy users support
Guessing is pretty much a waste of time.

I repeat:
Did the test case work?
Read the comments in that post so that buildozer.spec is correctly edited.

ТН Н

Jan 23, 2021, 12:11:40 PM1/23/21
to Kivy users support
I still can't find the test case. Please, if you don't mind, send it to me here. Or tell us the exact date and name of the topic where it was discussed.

ТН Н

Jan 24, 2021, 6:29:16 AM1/24/21
to Kivy users support
I found that topic. The test case didn't work. After the change .spec (instead of kivy, I wrote kivy == 2.0.0), the application generally began to crash at startup.

суббота, 23 января 2021 г., 20:01:57 UTC+3 пользователь planckp...@gmail.com написал:
Guessing is pretty much a waste of time.

I repeat:

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2021, 12:11:48 PM1/24/21
to Kivy users support
did you use a default buildozer.spec and make both changes?

ТН Н

Jan 25, 2021, 10:13:17 AM1/25/21
to Kivy users support
Here is my buildozer.spec:
[app]

# (str) Title of your application
title = MyBud

# (str) Package name
package.name = mybud

# (str) Package domain (needed for android/ios packaging)
package.domain = orgi.testi

# (str) Source code where the main.py live
source.dir = .

# (list) Source files to include (let empty to include all the files)
source.include_exts = py,jpg,csv,ogg,wav

# (list) List of inclusions using pattern matching
#source.include_patterns = assets/*,images/*.png

# (list) Source files to exclude (let empty to not exclude anything)
#source.exclude_exts = spec

# (list) List of directory to exclude (let empty to not exclude anything)
#source.exclude_dirs = tests, bin, venv

# (list) List of exclusions using pattern matching
#source.exclude_patterns = license,images/*/*.jpg

# (str) Application versioning (method 1)
version = 0.1

# (str) Application versioning (method 2)
# version.regex = __version__ = ['"](.*)['"]
# version.filename = %(source.dir)s/main.py

# (list) Application requirements
# comma separated e.g. requirements = python3,kivy,plyer
requirements = python3,kivy,plyer

# (str) Custom source folders for requirements
# Sets custom source for any requirements with recipes
# requirements.source.kivy = ../../kivy

# (str) Presplash of the application
presplash.filename = 'Mi.jpg'

# (str) Icon of the application
icon.filename = 'Mi.jpg'

# (str) Supported orientation (one of landscape, sensorLandscape, portrait or all)
orientation = portrait

# (list) List of service to declare
#services = NAME:ENTRYPOINT_TO_PY,NAME2:ENTRYPOINT2_TO_PY

#
# OSX Specific
#

#
# author = © Copyright Info

# change the major version of python used by the app
osx.python_version = 3

# Kivy version to use
osx.kivy_version = 1.9.1

#
# Android specific
#

# (bool) Indicate if the application should be fullscreen or not
fullscreen = 0

# (string) Presplash background color (for android toolchain)
# Supported formats are: #RRGGBB #AARRGGBB or one of the following names:
# red, blue, green, black, white, gray, cyan, magenta, yellow, lightgray,
# darkgray, grey, lightgrey, darkgrey, aqua, fuchsia, lime, maroon, navy,
# olive, purple, silver, teal.
#android.presplash_color = #FFFFFF

# (string) Presplash animation using Lottie format.
# for general documentation.
# Lottie files can be created using various tools, like Adobe After Effect or Synfig.
#android.presplash_lottie = "path/to/lottie/file.json"

# (list) Permissions
android.permissions = RECORD_AUDIO

# (list) features (adds uses-feature -tags to manifest)
#android.features = android.hardware.usb.host

# (int) Target Android API, should be as high as possible.
#android.api = 27

# (int) Minimum API your APK will support.
#android.minapi = 21

# (int) Android SDK version to use
#android.sdk = 20

# (str) Android NDK version to use
#android.ndk = 19b

# (int) Android NDK API to use. This is the minimum API your app will support, it should usually match android.minapi.
#android.ndk_api = 21

# (bool) Use --private data storage (True) or --dir public storage (False)
#android.private_storage = True

# (str) Android NDK directory (if empty, it will be automatically downloaded.)
#android.ndk_path =

# (str) Android SDK directory (if empty, it will be automatically downloaded.)
#android.sdk_path =

# (str) ANT directory (if empty, it will be automatically downloaded.)
#android.ant_path =

# (bool) If True, then skip trying to update the Android sdk
# This can be useful to avoid excess Internet downloads or save time
# when an update is due and you just want to test/build your package
# android.skip_update = False

# (bool) If True, then automatically accept SDK license
# agreements. This is intended for automation only. If set to False,
# the default, you will be shown the license when first running
# buildozer.
# android.accept_sdk_license = False

# (str) Android entry point, default is ok for Kivy-based app
#android.entrypoint = org.renpy.android.PythonActivity

# (str) Android app theme, default is ok for Kivy-based app
# android.apptheme = "@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"

# (list) Pattern to whitelist for the whole project
#android.whitelist =

# (str) Path to a custom whitelist file
#android.whitelist_src =

# (str) Path to a custom blacklist file
#android.blacklist_src =

# (list) List of Java .jar files to add to the libs so that pyjnius can access
# their classes. Don't add jars that you do not need, since extra jars can slow
# down the build process. Allows wildcards matching, for example:
# OUYA-ODK/libs/*.jar
#android.add_jars = foo.jar,bar.jar,path/to/more/*.jar

# (list) List of Java files to add to the android project (can be java or a
# directory containing the files)
#android.add_src =

# (list) Android AAR archives to add
#android.add_aars =

# (list) Gradle dependencies to add
#android.gradle_dependencies =

# (list) add java compile options
# this can for example be necessary when importing certain java libraries using the 'android.gradle_dependencies' option
# android.add_compile_options = "sourceCompatibility = 1.8", "targetCompatibility = 1.8"

# (list) Gradle repositories to add {can be necessary for some android.gradle_dependencies}
# please enclose in double quotes
# e.g. android.gradle_repositories = "maven { url 'https://kotlin.bintray.com/ktor' }"
#android.add_gradle_repositories =

# (list) packaging options to add
# can be necessary to solve conflicts in gradle_dependencies
# please enclose in double quotes
# e.g. android.add_packaging_options = "exclude 'META-INF/common.kotlin_module'", "exclude 'META-INF/*.kotlin_module'"
#android.add_packaging_options =

# (list) Java classes to add as activities to the manifest.
#android.add_activities = com.example.ExampleActivity

# (str) OUYA Console category. Should be one of GAME or APP
# If you leave this blank, OUYA support will not be enabled
#android.ouya.category = GAME

# (str) Filename of OUYA Console icon. It must be a 732x412 png image.
#android.ouya.icon.filename = %(source.dir)s/data/ouya_icon.png

# (str) XML file to include as an intent filters in <activity> tag
#android.manifest.intent_filters =

# (str) launchMode to set for the main activity
#android.manifest.launch_mode = standard

# (list) Android additional libraries to copy into libs/armeabi
#android.add_libs_armeabi = libs/android/*.so
#android.add_libs_armeabi_v7a = libs/android-v7/*.so
#android.add_libs_arm64_v8a = libs/android-v8/*.so
#android.add_libs_x86 = libs/android-x86/*.so
#android.add_libs_mips = libs/android-mips/*.so

# (bool) Indicate whether the screen should stay on
# Don't forget to add the WAKE_LOCK permission if you set this to True
#android.wakelock = False

# (list) Android application meta-data to set (key=value format)
#android.meta_data =

# (list) Android library project to add (will be added in the
# project.properties automatically.)
#android.library_references =

# (list) Android shared libraries which will be added to AndroidManifest.xml using <uses-library> tag
#android.uses_library =

# (str) Android logcat filters to use
#android.logcat_filters = *:S python:D

# (str) Android additional adb arguments
#android.adb_args = -H host.docker.internal

# (bool) Copy library instead of making a libpymodules.so
#android.copy_libs = 1

# (str) The Android arch to build for, choices: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64
android.arch = armeabi-v7a

# (int) overrides automatic versionCode computation (used in build.gradle)
# this is not the same as app version and should only be edited if you know what you're doing
# android.numeric_version = 1

# (bool) enables Android auto backup feature (Android API >=23)
android.allow_backup = True

# (str) XML file for custom backup rules (see official auto backup documentation)
# android.backup_rules =

# (str) If you need to insert variables into your AndroidManifest.xml file,
# you can do so with the manifestPlaceholders property.
# This property takes a map of key-value pairs. (via a string)
# Usage example : android.manifest_placeholders = [myCustomUrl:\"org.kivy.customurl\"]
# android.manifest_placeholders = [:]

#
# Python for android (p4a) specific
#

# (str) python-for-android fork to use, defaults to upstream (kivy)
#p4a.fork = kivy

# (str) python-for-android branch to use, defaults to master
#p4a.branch = master

# (str) python-for-android git clone directory (if empty, it will be automatically cloned from github)
#p4a.source_dir =

# (str) The directory in which python-for-android should look for your own build recipes (if any)
#p4a.local_recipes =

# (str) Filename to the hook for p4a
#p4a.hook =

# (str) Bootstrap to use for android builds
# p4a.bootstrap = sdl2

# (int) port number to specify an explicit --port= p4a argument (eg for bootstrap flask)
#p4a.port =

# Control passing the --use-setup-py vs --ignore-setup-py to p4a
# "in the future" --use-setup-py is going to be the default behaviour in p4a, right now it is not
# Setting this to false will pass --ignore-setup-py, true will pass --use-setup-py
# NOTE: this is general setuptools integration, having pyproject.toml is enough, no need to generate
# setup.py if you're using Poetry, but you need to add "toml" to source.include_exts.
#p4a.setup_py = false

#
# iOS specific
#

# (str) Path to a custom kivy-ios folder
#ios.kivy_ios_dir = ../kivy-ios
# Alternately, specify the URL and branch of a git checkout:
ios.kivy_ios_branch = master

# Another platform dependency: ios-deploy
# Uncomment to use a custom checkout
#ios.ios_deploy_dir = ../ios_deploy
# Or specify URL and branch
ios.ios_deploy_branch = 1.10.0

# (bool) Whether or not to sign the code
ios.codesign.allowed = false

# (str) Name of the certificate to use for signing the debug version
# Get a list of available identities: buildozer ios list_identities

# (str) Name of the certificate to use for signing the release version
#ios.codesign.release = %(ios.codesign.debug)s

[buildozer]

# (int) Log level (0 = error only, 1 = info, 2 = debug (with command output))
log_level = 2

# (int) Display warning if buildozer is run as root (0 = False, 1 = True)
warn_on_root = 1

# (str) Path to build artifact storage, absolute or relative to spec file
# build_dir = ./.buildozer

# (str) Path to build output (i.e. .apk, .ipa) storage
# bin_dir = ./bin

#    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#    List as sections
#
#    You can define all the "list" as [section:key].
#    Each line will be considered as a option to the list.
#    Let's take [app] / source.exclude_patterns.
#    Instead of doing:
#
#[app]
#source.exclude_patterns = license,data/audio/*.wav,data/images/original/*
#
#    This can be translated into:
#
#[app:source.exclude_patterns]
#license
#data/audio/*.wav
#data/images/original/*
#

#    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#    Profiles
#
#    You can extend section / key with a profile
#    For example, you want to deploy a demo version of your application without
#    HD content. You could first change the title to add "(demo)" in the name
#    and extend the excluded directories to remove the HD content.
#
#[app@demo]
#title = My Application (demo)
#
#[app:source.exclude_patterns@demo]
#images/hd/*
#
#    Then, invoke the command line with the "demo" profile:
#
#buildozer --profile demo android debug

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2021, 12:50:18 PM1/25/21
to Kivy users support
All you have to do is:
2) Create a new directory containing the example as main.py , and the .wav
4) after 'buildozer init' make the two changes to buildozer.spec, and only those changes.

Check the buildozer log for fatal errors, it is very verbose but fatal errors are usually clear, warnings can usually be ignored.
To be actionable we need an error message that says why it is failing.
Without that I cannot suggest anything.

ТН Н

Jan 26, 2021, 11:26:09 AM1/26/21
to Kivy users support
In the test example, where there is nothing but a button that turns on the music, it worked. Do you think the problem is in the main program or the buildozer.spec file?

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2021, 12:31:47 PM1/26/21
to Kivy users support
That is great, I did not know till now that the test worked for you. We can move forward.

The conclusion you make is reasonable.

I expect it is not the .spec , and you can test this by using the .spec from the test for your app (assuming .wav)
If you do this in your app's directory do a 'buildozer appclean' first.

I don't know the cause of the issue without debugging your app for you, which I don't do for anybody.
I will help you to learn how to do it.
The way to debug an app on android is to look at the logcat output of Buildozer ( see quickstart).
The phone must be connected via USB, with 'Developer mode' and 'USB Debugging' enabled.

Search in the logcat for 'Traceback', following that you will see a Python stack trace, the last line of which is the most important.

It will perhaps say something like file or symbol not found, but of course you need the real message.

ТН Н

Jan 27, 2021, 3:41:41 PM1/27/21
to Kivy users support
Here is the entire output. Did I do everything right?

# Check configuration tokens
# Ensure build layout
# Check configuration tokens
# Preparing build
# Check requirements for android
# Run 'dpkg --version'
# Cwd None
Debian 'dpkg' package management program version 1.19.7 (amd64).
This is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or
later for copying conditions. There is NO warranty.
# Search for Git (git)
#  -> found at /usr/bin/git
# Search for Cython (cython)
#  -> found at /home/andro/.local/bin/cython
# Search for Java compiler (javac)
#  -> found at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac
# Search for Java keytool (keytool)
#  -> found at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/keytool
# Install platform
# Run 'git config --get remote.origin.url'
# Cwd /home/andro/bud/.buildozer/android/platform/python-for-android
# Run 'git branch -vv'
# Cwd /home/andro/bud/.buildozer/android/platform/python-for-android
* master 5a94d074 [origin/master] Merge pull request #2244 from Chronolife-team/native_services_upstream
# Run '/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install -q --user \'appdirs\' \'colorama>=0.3.3\' \'jinja2\' \'six\' \'enum34; python_version<"3.4"\' \'sh>=1.10; sys_platform!="nt"\' \'pep517<0.7.0"\' \'toml\''
# Cwd None
# Apache ANT found at /home/andro/.buildozer/android/platform/apache-ant-1.9.4
# Android SDK found at /home/andro/.buildozer/android/platform/android-sdk
# Recommended android's NDK version by p4a is: 19c
# Android NDK found at /home/andro/.buildozer/android/platform/android-ndk-r19c
# Check application requirements
# Compile platform
# Run '/usr/bin/python3 -m pythonforandroid.toolchain create --dist_name=mybud --bootstrap=sdl2 --requirements=python3,kivy --arch armeabi-v7a --copy-libs --color=always --storage-dir="/home/andro/bud/.buildozer/android/platform/build-armeabi-v7a" --ndk-api=21 --ignore-setup-py'
# Cwd /home/andro/bud/.buildozer/android/platform/python-for-android
/home/andro/bud/.buildozer/android/platform/python-for-android/pythonforandroid/toolchain.py:84: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
  import imp
[INFO]:    Will compile for the following archs: armeabi-v7a
[INFO]:    Found Android API target in $ANDROIDAPI: 27
[INFO]:    Available Android APIs are (27)
[INFO]:    Requested API target 27 is available, continuing.
[INFO]:    Found NDK dir in $ANDROIDNDK: /home/andro/.buildozer/android/platform/android-ndk-r19c
[INFO]:    Found NDK version 19c
[INFO]:    Getting NDK API version (i.e. minimum supported API) from user argument
[INFO]:    ccache is missing, the build will not be optimized in the future.
[INFO]:    Found the following toolchain versions: ['4.9']
[INFO]:    Picking the latest gcc toolchain, here 4.9
[INFO]:    Of the existing distributions, the following meet the given requirements:
[INFO]:    mybud: min API 21, includes recipes (hostpython3, libffi, openssl, sdl2_image, sdl2_mixer, sdl2_ttf, sqlite3, python3, sdl2, setuptools, six, pyjnius, android, kivy, certifi), built for archs (armeabi-v7a)
[INFO]:    mybud has compatible recipes, using this one
# Run '/home/andro/.buildozer/android/platform/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb devices'
# Cwd None
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully
List of devices attached

# Application pushed.
# Application started.
# Run 'dpkg --version'
# Cwd None
Debian 'dpkg' package management program version 1.19.7 (amd64).
This is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or
later for copying conditions. There is NO warranty.
# Search for Git (git)
#  -> found at /usr/bin/git
# Search for Cython (cython)
#  -> found at /home/andro/.local/bin/cython
# Search for Java compiler (javac)
#  -> found at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac
# Search for Java keytool (keytool)
#  -> found at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/keytool

It seems to me that there is no, so I tried to use adb logcat, crawled all over the Internet, tried all the ways, but nothing helped with the fact that adb saw the smartphone(ubuntu itself sees).

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 4:18:26 PM1/27/21
to Kivy users support
* daemon started successfully
List of devices attached
<empty line>

This should be something like:
List of devices attached
0A051FDD40019P  device

So adb does not see the phone.

The issue is presumably in the phone debug settings since Ubuntu see the phone.
The usual ones I described in my previous post, but some phone models are different (I don't know about this).
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ТН Н

Jan 27, 2021, 4:31:07 PM1/27/21
to Kivy users support
четверг, 28 января 2021 г., 0:18:26 UTC+3 пользователь planckp...@gmail.com написал:
> It was a long time ago, but for the very first time adb saw the phone and started everything, but immediately after disconnecting it stopped and there were problems with the fact that Ubuntu stopped seeing. Now I managed to fix this, but as I wrote and you yourself saw that adb does not find anything.

planckp...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 6:50:57 PM1/27/21
to Kivy users support
No idea, all I can suggest is reboot both the computer and the phone. But you probably tried that.
FYI I will not be available for about a week.

ТН Н

Jan 28, 2021, 1:59:29 PM1/28/21
to Kivy users support
The situation has become even more interesting: I managed to make the device display via adb devices, but buildozer android deploy run logcat still doesn't see it.

четверг, 28 января 2021 г., 2:50:57 UTC+3 пользователь planckp...@gmail.com написал:
Message has been deleted

ТН Н

Feb 3, 2021, 4:01:50 AM2/3/21
to Kivy users support
The cause of the problem: on the adroid somehow, the music is not played from the thread. Solution: get rid of the flow, find an alternative. Thank you so much for spending so much time on my problem, I am very grateful to you.

Degenerate Tech

Feb 7, 2021, 1:01:57 PM2/7/21
to Kivy users support
you can play mp3 in android i have tested

Degenerate Tech

Feb 7, 2021, 1:27:00 PM2/7/21
to Kivy users support